Work From Home Policy and Procedures
Central Oregon Community College (COCC) recognizes there may, on occasion, be circumstances when it
would be beneficial for staff to work at remote locations, either on a permanent basis, or to complete a
particular task. However, it is not possible to offer a Work From Home (WFH) option to all staff as the
requirements for some jobs will not be suitable for such arrangements. The operational needs of COCC take
precedence over WFH.
Prior supervisor permission is required before an employee can engage in a WFH agreement. The employee
shall submit a WFH Agreement to their supervisor for review. Consideration will be given to any such requests.
A decision regarding the suitability of working at home will take into account all relevant circumstances. The
decision of the supervisor is final.
All arrangements for monitoring, supervision, workload, etc., will be agreed upon in accordance with normal
COCC management procedures. For a single occurrence of remote work, the precise project or task must be
agreed upon beforehand.
The employee must be available and respond to phone calls, emails or chats during their proposed days and
times of work.
In the event that the employee is sick during a period of working at home, COCC’s usual sick leave reporting
rules apply and must be followed.
WFH is not an alternative to paid dependent care.
Technology Equipment and Support
Employees engaging in a WFH agreement, will be provided a standard COCC computer purchased by the
employee’s home department. The employee and supervisor can agree on a laptop or desktop/monitor set up
and then coordinate with the COCC ITS Department regarding payment and purchase. Employees are not to use
their home computer to complete COCC-related work activities. Employees are responsible to maintain and pay
for their own intranet access to their home work environment.
The following stipulations apply:
• The computer will be installed at the employee’s home by the employee.
• The computer must be brought to COCC annually for a software and security refresh.
• The computer is not part of COCC’s lifecycle replacement program and will be replaced and paid for
every 5 years by the WFH employee’s department.
• Only approved and licensed software can be installed on the computer.
• The ITS department will not visit the home environment to provide support; the employee may call the
ITS helpdesk at 541-383-7400 or submit a helpdesk ticket for any assistance.
• Employees should use the terminal server environment to complete their work and not maintain any
college data on the physical PC.