G-6-3.3 Learning Outcomes Assessment
As a subcommittee to Academic Affairs, the Learning Outcomes Assessment (LOA) Committee
plays a vital role in sustaining meaningful student learning outcomes assessment at COCC.
1. Building on the College's existing system of instructional assessment.
2. Ensuring that instructional assessment efforts are faculty led.
3. Leading the response to NWCCU accreditation recommendations concerning student
learning outcomes and instructional assessment.
4. Coordinating and communicating its efforts with faculty, Academic Affairs, the Vice
President for Instruction, and the Director of Curriculum and Assessment.
Charge: By drawing on current best practices, LOA provides guidance, coaching, and leadership
for the development and assessment of course- and program-level student learning outcomes by
assisting faculty efforts to
• Map the relationships among and between courses, programs, and degrees.
• Compose, modify, and store student learning outcomes.
• Support and sustain a culture of inquiry and continuous improvement.
• Plan and design measurable learning activities and assessments.
• Gather and analyze evidence of learning.
• Reflect upon this evidence in order to improve the planning and design of courses and
• Maintain a regular, consistent schedule of instructional assessment.
• Collect and store learning evidence.
Faculty Member At-Large (32)
Faculty Member At-Large (1)
Elected by Committee at first meeting
The Director of Curriculum and Assessment