19. If this project proposes to construct a new driveway within the City’s right-of-way, a
Public Works Encroachment Permit will be required. Prior to the Public Works
Department’s approval of the grading or building permit, the applicant shall obtain
encroachment permits from the Public Works Department for the proposed driveway.
The driveway shall be constructed of either 6-inches of concrete over 4-inch of
aggregate base, or 4-inches of asphalt concrete over 6-inches of aggregate base. The
driveway shall be flush with the existing grades with no curbs
20. If this project proposes to construct a new driveway within Caltrans’ right-of-way, a
Caltrans Encroachment Permit will be required. Prior to the Public Works Department
approval of the grading or building permit, the applicant shall obtain encroachment
permits from Caltrans for the proposed driveway.
Grading and Drainage
21. Clearing and grading during the rainy season (extending from November 1 to March 31)
shall be prohibited for development LIP Section 17.3.1 that:
• Is located within or adjacent to ESHA, or
• Includes grading on slopes greater than 4:1
• Approved grading for development that is located within or adjacent to ESHA or
on slopes greater than 4:1 shall not be undertaken unless there is sufficient time
to complete grading operations before the rainy season. If grading operations are
not completed before the rainy season begins, grading shall be halted and
temporary erosion control measures shall be put into place to minimize erosion
until grading resumes after March 31, unless the City determines that completion
of grading would be more protective of resources
22. Exported soil from a site shall be taken to the County Landfill or to a site with an active
grading permit and the ability to accept the material in compliance with the City’s LIP
Section 8.3. A note shall be placed on the project that addresses this condition.
23. A grading and drainage plan shall be approved containing the following information
prior to the issuance of grading permits for the project.
• Public Works Department General Notes and the following:
o The project shall not generate more than 10 round trip trucks a day
carrying earth materials or 60 truck trips per calendar week.
o Heavy equipment noise and truck deliveries shall not begin until after
7:00 A.M. no work beyond 4:30 P.M., unless approved by the City.
• The existing and proposed square footage of impervious coverage on the property
shall be shown on the grading plan (including separate areas for buildings,
driveways, walkways, parking, tennis courts and pool decks).
• The limits of land to be disturbed during project development shall be delineated
on the grading plan and a total area shall be shown on the plan. Areas disturbed
by grading equipment beyond the limits of grading, areas disturbed for the
installation of the septic system, and areas disturbed for the installation of the
detention system shall be included within the area delineated.
The grading limits shall include the temporary cuts made for retaining walls, buttresses,
and over excavations for fill slopes and shall be shown on the grading plan.