Permit is issued in accordance with Malibu Municipal Code Chapter 5.20
Questions and Concerns: Contact Malibu Film Office (805) 495-7521
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF FILMING PERMITS :
In accordance with Malibu Municipal Code Chapter 5.20
1. INDEMNIFICATION: Permittee agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the City of Malibu as permittor, their agents, officers
employees and contractors from and against any and all liability, expense, including defense costs and legal fees, and claims for damages
of any nature, include arising from the conditions of City facilities; such claims may include, but not be limited to, those alleging bodily
injury, death, personal injury, or property damage hereunder. Permittee further agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the City of
Malibu from any and all workers compensation suits, liability or expenses arising from or connected with any services for or on the behalf of
Permittee or any person pursuant to this permit.
2. INSURANCE: Without limiting Permittee's indemnification of Malibu, Permittee shall provide and maintain at its own expense during the
term of this permit the following policy or policies of insurance covering its operations here-under. Such insurance shall be secured
through a carrier satisfactory to the City and evidence of said insurance shall be delivered to the City of Malibu on or before the effective
date of this permit. A General Liability Special Endorsement Form is required.
a. GENERAL LIABILITY: Such insurance shall include, but not be limited to, comprehensive general liability with a limit of
$1,000,000 per occurrence and evidence workman’s compensation coverage. Such insurance shall be primary to other insurance
maintained by the City and shall name the City of Malibu as additionally insured.
3. CONSIDERATION: Permittee shall pay, prior to issuance of the permit or subsequent rider, all fees and deposits required by the
permit. In addition, Permittee agrees to pay, within ten (10) days, all subsequent charges for the use of a reservation, or City or County
department(s) as a result of the permit.
4. ASSIGNMENT: It is understood and agreed that this permit is a license agreement and/or temporary use or encroachment permit and
is not a lease and the permit is a personal, revocable and unassignable permission to perform the acts herein set out without reserving or
granting to Permittee any interest in real property.
5. ANTI-DISCRIMINATION/COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS: Permittee agrees not to discriminate, distinguish or restrict on account of color,
race, religion, ancestry, or nation origin contrary to the provisions of Section 51 of the California Civil Code nor violate the provisions of
Section 12900 et seq. of the California Government Code, and Permittee agrees to comply with anti-discrimination provisions of the City of
Malibu Code, Chapter 4.32.010. Permittee agrees to comply with all applicable Federal, State, and Local rules, regulations and
ordinances, and all provisions required thereby to be included herein are hereby incorporated by reference, and Permittee in the course
thereof agrees to obtain and keep in effect all permits and licenses required to conduct the permitted activities.
6. AUTHORITY TO STOP/CANCEL: If policies are violated the permit will be revoked. In the event that an authorized representative of
the City of Malibu finds that the activities being conducted by the Permittee unnecessarily endanger the health and safety of any person or
that said activities are or will cause damage to real property, said representative, at their discretion, may suspend or cancel this Permit.
The City reserves the right to cancel this permit at any time without incurring any liability to the Permittee whatsoever. Los Angeles County
Sheriff’s Department is the law enforcement agency for the City of Malibu and shall enforce all conditions of the permit and protect the
health and safety of the citizens of the City of Malibu. Note: This includes adhering to stated start and end times identifie
d on this permit.
7. NOTICES shall be distributed by the City of Malibu Film Office. SIGNATURES shall be done by the production companies. All
signatures shall be on file with the film office prior to permit issuance. MONITORS shall be assigned as deemed necessary by the Film
8. POLICIES AND CODE OF CONDUCT: Permittee acknowledges that they have received and read the Policies and the Code of
Conduct and agree to comply with all applicable provisions thereof. Permittee further acknowledges that said policies and procedures and
Code of Conduct are incorporated by reference herein. Reminder: Use of bullhorns is prohibited & NO filming activities on Sundays.
9. EXECUTION: Pursuant to various sections of the City Code, this permit has been executed on behalf of the City of Malibu by the City
of Malibu Film Office on the date listed below.
10. PERMIT ISSUANCE: This permit is granted on the condition that permission to use the property has been obtained.
11. PERMIT REVISIONS/Cancellations: All revisions to this permit must be done by a rider, in writing and shall be approved in
advance. Once permit is processed through County Fire and City Departments, cancellation fees do apply.
Signature Required** PERMITTOR: City of Malibu
(Do not type in)
Title: Title: Film Permit Coordinator - City of Malibu Film Office