The Geography and History of Southwest Asia (Middle East) 35
© 2017 Clairmont Press, Inc. DO NOT DUPLICATE 1-800-874-8638
Name: Date: Class:
Chapter 4: The Geography and History of Southwest Asia (Middle East)
Section 1: The Geography of Southwest Asia
Section 1: Physical Geography
Directions: Use the map on page 65 of your texbook to answer the questions.
1. What are the two largest countries in Southwest Asia? _____________________________________
2. What body of water separates Saudi Arabia and Iran? ______________________________________
3. What body of water borders Israel? ______________________________________________________
4. What is the capital city of Saudi Arabia? _________________________________________________
Directions: Write one or two complete sentences to answer each question.
5. Why is the Suez Canal important to trade?
6. What vital resource is in short supply in Southwest Asia and what are answers to the issue?
7. How does technology lead to environmental protection?
8. What major rivers are located in the region? Why are they important?
Continued on next page.