1. Seminars - For students who are organizing and conducting academic seminars for fellow students in their
respective college and/or department, and require funds for speakers, room reservations, and food/beverages.
2. Regional conference travel - For students who have been accepted to present at a regional academic
conference and require funds for lodging, travel, registration, and meals.
3. Thesis research - For students who require additional funds for their thesis research including laboratory
equipment and tools, human subject compensation, and transcribing or similar services.
*Activities in proposal submission must occur in FY 2017-18
GRAD PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND:
Travel to regional conferences - Up to $500
Thesis research – Up to $500
Seminars – up to $500
PROPOSAL PREPARATION AND SUBMISSIONS STEPS
STEP 1: COVER PAGE
a) Complete and sign the COVER PAGE
b) Secure the signature of your faculty advisor
c) Choose which category you are applying for the grant
d) Scan the signed COVER PAGE and save it
e) Use the Submission Checklist to verify that the application is complete with all necessary supplemental
STEP 2: ABSTRACT
ABSTRACT for the event you are organizing, attending or research you are conducting.
a) Abstract should be no longer than 500 words
b) Abstract should include:
i. Seminar - Name of seminar, topics to be discussed, how the seminar will contribute to the academic and
professional advancement and development of the student(s), and number of people estimated to attend.
ii. Conference - Name of conference, location of conference, topic and materials to present, how the
conference will contribute to the academic and professional advancement and development of the
student(s), and number of people estimated to attend.
iii. Research - Name of research project, how the research will contribute to your thesis, how the research
will contribute to the academic and professional advancement and development of the student/s.
STEP 3: BUDGET
Create itemized budget with total amount requested. Give your best estimate.
2. Hotel (Airbnb not approved)
4. Transportation (Uber, Lyft, and Taxi) (rental vehicle not approved)
5. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner