APPROVAL FOR AUDIT
OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS AND RECORDS (WH 290)
Last Updated: September 12, 2018
PROCEDURES AND POLICY FOR AUDIT
1. A student not admitted to, nor enrolled in, the University must file a Statement of Residence prior to auditing a course. A
residence determination must be made so that appropriate fees may be charged.
2. Auditors must pay the same fees as would be charged if the courses were taken for credit.
3. A student who wishes to audit a course must obtain the approval of the instructor on the Approval for Audit form available in
the Office of Admissions and Records. The approval may not be obtained prior to the first day of instruction.
4. Enrollment as an auditor is subject to permission of the instructor provided that enrollment in a course as an auditor shall be
permitted only after students otherwise eligible to enroll on a credit basis have had an opportunity to do so.
5. Once enrolled as an auditor, a student may not change to credit status unless such a change is requested no later than the last day
to add classes in that tern. A student who is enrolled for credit may not change to audit after the third week of instruction.
6. Credit for courses audited will not subsequently be granted on the basis of the audit.
7. An audited course should be taken into consideration when planning a program so that the study load will not be excessive.
8. The symbol AU will appear on the student’s record for audited courses.