REQUEST FOR EMERGENCY
Office of Admissions and Records (WH 290)
$10 processing fee is required for Emergency Graduation Clearance
Last Updated: September 12, 2018
DATE RECEIVED IN A&R
Date Stamp and Initial
Cashier’s Stamp Document
Processing fees received:
An emergency graduation clearance is a request to expedite the degree clearing process due to documented extenuating
circumstances. Since the final grades are normally not available to the graduation Unit until 2 – 3 weeks after the ending date of
the term, students should not expect to receive their emergency clearances, if approved until 3 weeks after the ending of the
term. The student has the responsibility to resolve any pending academic actions that might facilitate degree clearance; failure
to do this will delay the degree clearance.
An emergency graduation clearance cannot be processed if the answer to any of the following questions is not answered
“Yes”. Additionally, if the degree check was not processed because the student applied to graduate late or because of late
supporting documents, this request cannot be accommodated.
Please answer each and every question completely.
1. Current Graduation Status. Applied □ Pending □ In Progress □
2. Are all transcripts and GE certifications from other institutions on file in the
Office of Admissions and Records? Yes □ No □
3. Have all pending grade changes been recorded on your records? Yes □ No □
4. Have all petitions for Exception to Academic Policy been processed? Yes □ No □
5. Do you have supporting documentation to substantiate this request for an
emergency graduation clearance? Yes □ No □
If the answer(s) to any of these questions is “No” this request cannot be considered. If you answered “yes” to all these
questions, please proceed and attach additional pages if necessary.
1. Why is this request an emergency? ___________________________________________________________________
2. By what date is your certification needed? ______________________________________________________________
3. Have you requested an official CSUDH transcript with degree posted? Yes □ No □
4. Do you wish to pick up your certification letter, or do you with us to mail it? Pick Up □ Mail □