This request, along with current official transcripts, must be received by the CSUDH Admissions Office on
or before August 1, 2020. Requests received after August 1, 2020 will be denied.
email@example.com (domestic students) or firstname.lastname@example.org (F-1 visa seeking students)
Mail to the following address:
CSUDH Office of Admissions and Records
Attn: Office of Admissions
1000 E. Victoria St. WH-C290
Carson, CA 90747
Fall 2020 COVID-19 Request for Application Deferral
Deadline to submit form: August 1
This form is for undergraduate applicants only. Graduate applicants, please contact your academic department.
Due to the Covid-19 global crisis, the CSU is allowing students to defer their Fall 2020 admission to
Spring 2021 or Fall 2021. This option is available for students who are experiencing personal or
financial hardships that will prevent them from attending CSU, Dominguez Hills in Fall 2020. If you
have received an offer of admission, and would like to request to defer your admission, please
complete the request form below. Please be sure to provide a detailed explanation of the obstacles
or hardships that would keep you from attending in Fall 2020.
Please read thoroughly:
• Admission can be deferred only from students who are admitted and submitted an Intent to
Enroll (I2E) for the Fall 2020 semester.
• You will receive notification of your deferred status, within ten business days, via email.
• For applicants seeking an F-1 (student) visa, please reach out to International Admissions at
email@example.com for additional information.
• Once an Admission Deferral Request is received and approved, it is non-transferrable and
cannot be requested for or applied to another term.
• Missing registration for the deferred semester will result in withdrawal of your application and
you will have to submit another new application and pay the fee through calstate.edu/apply
during the next application filing period.
• Freshman Applicants: You cannot complete any college level coursework after the end of the
summer immediately following high school graduation and prior to the beginning of the Spring
or Fall 2021 term. If you do complete any college level coursework, after the end of the summer
immediately following high school graduation and prior to the beginning of the Spring or Fall
2021 term, will result in the withdrawal of your freshman application for admission. CSUDH
does not accept lower division transfer students for regular admissions. You be required to
reapply for admission as an upper division transfer student, during the application filing period
at calstate.edu/apply, and meet all admission eligibility and CSUDH requirements.
• You must submit current official transcript(s) with your request (unless we have received your
official transcripts). If you are unable to provide official transcript(s), please indicate why and
provide unofficial transcript(s) with your request.
Submit Your Completed Form & Unofficial Transcripts