The following notes are supplied for assistance in making the application overleaf. Detailed information for
the making of all kinds of applications to the Land Charges Department is contained in Practice Guide 63 –
Land Charges – Applications for registration, official search, office copy and cancellation which is
obtainable on application at the address shown below.
For information on how HM Land Registry processes your personal information, see our Personal
1. Fees may be paid by Direct Debit under an authorised agreement with Land Registry or by cheque or
postal order made payable to “Land Registry” (see the guide referred to above).
2. This form should only be used where a certificate is required that an entry in the register has previously
been cancelled. Where it is desired to apply for cancellation of a subsisting entry, form K11 (or, in the case
of a land charge of class F, form K13) should be used.
3. Complete all boxes and refer to month by 3 letters:-
4. If you have been allocated a key number, please take care to enter this in the space provided overleaf,
whether or not you are paying fees by Direct Debit. A key number is only available to professional
customers, such as solicitors.
5. Any reference should be limited to 25 characters (including oblique strokes and punctuation).
6. When completed, this application form should be despatched to the address shown below, which is printed
in a position to fit within a standard window envelope.