NOTES FOR GUIDANCE OF APPLICANTS
The following notes are supplied for assistance in making the application overleaf. Detailed information for the making of all kinds of
applications to the Land Charges Department is contained in Practice Guide 63 – Land Charges – Applications for registration, official
search, office copy and cancellation which is obtainable on application at the address shown below.
For information on how HM Land Registry processes your personal information, see our Personal Information Charter.
1. Fees. These must be paid by Direct Debit under an authorised agreement with Land Registry or by cheque or postal order made
payable to “Land Registry” (see the Practice Guide referred to above).
2. Date of completion. Complete all boxes and refer to month by 3 letters:-
3. Key Number. If you have been allocated a key number, please take care to enter this in the space provided overleaf, whether or not
you are paying fees by Direct Debit. A key number is only available to professional customers, such as solicitors.
4. Solicitor’s reference. Any reference must be limited to 25 characters, including any oblique strokes and punctuation.
5. Despatch of this form. When completed, send this application form to the address shown below, which is printed in a position so
as to fit within a standard window envelope.
Land Charges Department (see Note 5 above)
Office Copy Section
PO Box 292
PLYMOUTH PL5 2BY
DX 8249 PLYMOUTH (3)
Crown Copyright (ref: LR/HO) 05/18