NOTES FOR GUIDANCE OF APPLICANTS
The following notes are supplied for assistance in making the application overleaf. Detailed information for the making of all
kinds of applications to the Land Charges Department is contained in Practice Guide 63 – Land Charges – Applications for
registration, official search, office copy and cancellation which is obtainable on application at the address shown below.
For information on how HM Land Registry processes your personal information, see our Personal Information Charter.
1. Effect of search. The official certificate of the result of this search will have no statutory effect in relation to registered
land (see Land Registration Act 1925, s.59 and Land Charges Act 1972, s.14).
2. Fees. A fee is payable for each name searched. Fees must be paid by Direct Debit under an authorised agreement with
Land Registry or by cheque or postal order made payable to “Land Registry” (see the Practice Guide referred to above).
3. Names to be searched. The forename(s) and surname of each individual must be entered on the appropriate lines in the
relevant panel overleaf. If you are searching more than 6 names, use a second form.
4. Key Number. If you have been allocated a key number, please take care to enter this in the space provided overleaf,
whether or not you are paying fees by Direct Debit. A key number is only available to professional customers, such as
5. Applicant’s name and address. This need not be supplied if the applicant’s key number is correctly entered in the space
6. Applicant’s reference. Any reference must be limited to 25 characters, including any oblique strokes and punctuation.
7. Despatch of this form. When completed, send this application to the address shown below, which is printed in a position
so as to fit within a standard window envelope.