Any parts of the form that are not typed should be completed in black ink and in block capitals.
If you need more room than is provided for in a panel, and your software allows, you can expand any panel in the
form. Alternatively use continuation sheet CS and attach it to this form.
HM Land Registry is unable to give legal advice, but you can find guidance on HM Land Registry applications
(including our practice guides for conveyancers) at
Conveyancer is a term used in this form. It is defined in rule 217A, Land Registration Rules 2003 and includes
persons authorised under the Legal Services Act 2007 to provide reserved legal services relating to land
registration and includes solicitors and licensed conveyancers.
For information on how HM Land Registry processes your personal information, see our Personal Information
Where there is more than one local
authority serving an area, enter the
one to which council tax or business
rates are normally paid.
Local authority serving the property:
Title number(s) of the property:
Insert address including postcode (if
any) or other description of the
property, for example ‘land adjoining
2 Acacia Avenue’.
List the documents lodged with this
form. We only need certified copies
of deeds or documents you send to
us with HM Land Registry application
forms. Once we have made a copy of
the documents you send to us, they
will be destroyed, this applies to both
originals and certified copies.
Documents lodged with this form:
Provide the full name(s) of the
person(s) applying to cancel the
notice. Where a conveyancer lodges
the application, this must be the
name(s) of the client(s), not the
The applicant:
This panel must always be
A key number is only available to
professional customers, such as
This is the address to which we will
normally send requisitions. However
if you insert an email address, we will
use this whenever possible.
We will only issue warning of
cancellation letters to conveyancers if
an email address is inserted.
This application is sent to Land Registry by
Key number (if applicable):
Address or UK DX box number:
Email address:
Phone no:
Fax no:
Place ‘X’ in the appropriate box(es).
Do not forget to enclose the evidence
needed to support your application
for cancellation.
If your evidence for cancellation is a
court order, an original or certified
copy sealed by the court should be
sent in with your application.
Where there is an entry in the
register referring to an order under
section 33(5) of the Family Law Act
1996 you must supply appropriate
evidence that the order has ceased
to have effect unless a release in
writing by the spouse or civil partner
with the benefit of the rights is
Evidence in support of application
A. The spouse or civil partner having the benefit of the rights
has signed the release below
B. One of the following is enclosed
Original or certified copy death certificate or other
evidence of the death of either spouse or either civil
Official or certified copy of the decree absolute or
nullity of marriage.
Official or certified copy of the order of dissolution or
nullity of civil partnership.
Official or certified copy of an order of the court
ending the home rights.
A release of the home rights in writing by the spouse
or civil partner having the benefit of those rights.
C. Any order under section 33(5) of the Family Law Act 1996
has ceased to have effect.
The applicant applies to cancel the home rights notice entered in
the register of the above title.
Where there is a notice in the register of an order of the court
made under section 33(5) of the Family Law Act 1996 the
applicant also applies to cancel that notice.
If a conveyancer is acting for the
applicant, that conveyancer must
sign. If no conveyancer is acting, the
applicant (and if more than one
person then each of them) must sign.
Signature of applicant
or their conveyancer:
Only complete this part of the form if
you are releasing your home rights. If
you wish, a separate written release
can be lodged with the application.
Release of home rights
I (give full names)
of (address)
release my home rights in the property referred to in panel 3.
This part of the form, (if completed),
must be signed personally by the
person with the benefit of the home
rights, it cannot be signed by their
conveyancer on their behalf.
If you dishonestly enter information or make a statement that you know is, or might be, untrue or misleading, and intend by doing
so to make a gain for yourself or another person, or to cause loss or the risk of loss to another person, you may commit the
offence of fraud under section 1 of the Fraud Act 2006, the maximum penalty for which is 10 years’ imprisonment or an unlimited
fine, or both.
Failure to complete this form with proper care may result in a loss of protection under the Land Registration Act 2002 if, as a
result, a mistake is made in the register.
Under section 66 of the Land Registration Act 2002 most documents (including this form) kept by the registrar relating to an
application to the registrar or referred to in the register are open to public inspection and copying. If you believe a document
contains prejudicial information, you may apply for that part of the document to be made exempt using Form EX1, under rule 136
of the Land Registration Rules 2003.
© Crown copyright (ref: LR/HO) 05/18
click to sign
click to edit
click to sign
click to edit