Your community, your opportunity
Personal development opportunities
Is this you?
"Growing the Museum" gardening volunteer
Melton Carnegie Museum, Leicestershire County Council
Melton Carnegie Museum is based at Thorpe End in Melton Mowbray. As a volunteer in the museum
you would enhance the work of the Museum Service and professional staff by:
- Helping to create productive food growing areas according to the "Incredible Edibles" ethos.
- Working with other volunteers, maintain the gardens & develop ideas for community food production.
- Using your local knowledge to encourage wider community participation with other groups and
individuals based on the "Incredible Edibles" project: https://www.incredible-edible-todmorden.co.uk.
- Helping with creative projects with garden produce and activities.
- Gain experience working in a community project.
- Develop knowledge of gardening for food production.
- Develop organisational and planning skills.
- Find out more about the ethos of "Incredible Edibles" and growing food for free with other like-minded
- Find out about environmental issues that affect food production on a small scale.
Generally on Wednesdays from 2pm - 4.00pm
Rear yard area, Melton Carnegie Museum
Professional Museum staff and the Volunteer Supervisor
- Friendly and approachable
- Organised and able to work with minimum supervision on basic gardening tasks
- Respectful of others and able to work with others with different skill sets and abilities
- Practical basic DIY skills would be helpful but is not essential
Kate Skoczylas or Tim Savage on 0116 305 3670 or email Kate.Skoczylas@leics.gov.uk