Any parts of the form that are not typed should be completed in black ink and in block capitals.
If you need more room than is provided for in a panel, and your software allows, you can expand any panel in the
form. Alternatively use continuation sheet CS and attach it to this form.
For information on how HM Land Registry processes your personal information, see our Personal Information
Title number(s):
Provide the full name(s) and
address(es) of the person(s) applying
to discharge the registered charge.
Where a conveyancer lodges the
application, this must be the name(s)
of the client(s), not the conveyancer.
The applicant:
This panel must always be
A key number is only available to
professional customers, such as
If an address is given here, it is the
address to which we will normally
send requisitions and return
documents. However if you insert an
email address, we will use this
whenever possible.
We will only issue warning of
cancellation letters to conveyancers if
an email address is inserted.
This application is sent to HM Land Registry by
Address or UK DX box number:
Email address:
Phone no:
Fax no:
The applicant applies for the cancellation of the registered
charge(s) dated in favour of
relating to the
Electronic Notification of Discharge transmitted to HM Land
Registry by the lender on:
If a conveyancer is acting for the
applicant, that conveyancer must
If no conveyancer is acting, the
applicant (and if the applicant is more
than one person then each of them)
must sign.
Signature of conveyancer:
Signature of applicant:
If you dishonestly enter information or make a statement that you know is, or might be, untrue or misleading, and intend by doing
so to make a gain for yourself or another person, or to cause loss or the risk of loss to another person, you may commit the
offence of fraud under section 1 of the Fraud Act 2006, the maximum penalty for which is 10 years’ imprisonment or an unlimited
fine, or both.
WARNING: A form DS2E, in itself, is not sufficient evidence to discharge a registered charge.
The lender will need to submit an Electronic Notification of Discharge.
click to sign
click to edit
click to sign
click to edit
Failure to complete this form with proper care may result in a loss of protection under the Land Registration Act 2002 if, as a
result, a mistake is made in the register.
Under section 66 of the Land Registration Act 2002 most documents (including this form) kept by the registrar relating to an
application to the registrar or referred to in the register are open to public inspection and copying. If you believe a document
contains prejudicial information, you may apply for that part of the document to be made exempt using Form EX1, under rule 136
of the Land Registration Rules 2003.
© Crown copyright (ref: LR/HO) 05/18
1. You have been sent this form because you have paid off the mortgage on your house, which is
registered at HM Land Registry.
2. You will need to get the mortgage cancelled from the land register.
3. To do this you must complete some of the panels on the form overleaf and then send it to the
appropriate HM Land Registry office.
4. Any parts of the form that are not typed should be completed in black ink and in block capitals.
5. Print your name and address in panel 2.
6. Enter the details of the mortgage that has been paid off in panel 4. Your lender will be able to
give you this information.
7. Sign and date in panel 5.
8. A document called a charge certificate may have been sent to you with this form. If it has, you
should keep it. This document no longer has any legal significance but you may wish to retain it
as a record of your property. Do NOT send it with this form to HM Land Registry. If you do, it may
be destroyed together with all of its contents.
9. You will need to pay postage but do NOT enclose any envelope for return to you.
10. HM Land Registry is unable to give legal advice, but you can find guidance on HM Land
Registry applications (including our practice guides for conveyancers) at
11. If a conveyancer sends the form on your behalf, they must complete panels 2 and 3 and sign
panel 5.
12. Conveyancer is a term used in this form. It is defined in rule 217A, Land Registration Rules
2003 and includes persons authorised under the Legal Services Act 2007 to provide reserved
legal services relating to land registration and includes solicitors and licensed conveyancers.
Please note, you do not have to pay HM Land Registry any fee to get your mortgage
cancelled from the land register.