Any parts of the form that are not typed should be completed in
black ink and in block capitals.
If you need more room than is provided for in a panel, and your
software allows, you can expand any panel in the form. Alternatively
use continuation sheet CS and attach it to this form.
HM Land Registry is unable to give legal advice, but you can find
guidance on HM Land Registry applications (including our practice
guides for conveyancers) at
Conveyancer is a term used in this form. It is defined in rule 217A,
Land Registration Rules 2003 and includes persons authorised
under the Legal Services Act 2007 to provide reserved legal services
relating to land registration and includes solicitors and licensed
For information on how HM Land Registry processes your personal
information, see our Personal Information Charter.
Record of fees paid
Particulars of under/over payments
Reference number
Fees debited £
Where there is more than one local
authority serving an area, enter the
one to which council tax or business
rates are normally paid.
Local authority serving the property:
Title number(s) of the property:
Insert address including postcode (if
any) or other description of the
property, for example ‘land adjoining
2 Acacia Avenue’.
Currently no fee is payable for the
entry of a home rights notice.
Application and fee
Fee paid (£)
Notice of home rights
Fee payment method
cheque made payable to 'Land Registry'
direct debit, under an agreement with Land Registry
Provide the full name(s) of the person
applying to enter a home rights
notice. Where a conveyancer lodges
the application, this must be the
name(s) of the client, not the
The applicant:
NOTE: Notice of this application will always be sent to the registered owner
This panel must always be
A key number is only available to
professional customers, such as
If you are paying by direct debit, this
will be the account charged.
This is the address to which we will
normally send requisitions. However
if you insert an email address, we will
use this whenever possible. Where
an application is lodged by e-DRS all
documents and correspondence will
be dealt with electronically.
We will only issue warning of
cancellation letters to conveyancers if
an email address is inserted.
This application is sent to Land Registry by
Key number (if applicable):
Address or UK DX box number:
Email address:
Phone no:
Fax no:
You may give up to three addresses
for service, one of which must be a
postal address whether or not in the
UK (including the postcode, if any).
The others can be any combination of
a postal address, a UK DX box
number or an electronic address.
Address(es) for service of the applicant. The address(es) will be
entered in the register and used for correspondence and the
service of notice:
Enter the full name of the applicant’s husband, wife or civil
If your application is successful, the
registration of the existing charge will
be cancelled under section 32 of, and
paragraph 2 of Schedule 4 to, the
Family Law Act 1996.
Place 'X' in the appropriate box.
If ‘Yes’, insert the address of the
other dwelling house and place ‘X’ in
the appropriate box and complete the
You can have a home rights charge
registered against only one home at
any one time (whether under the
Land Registration Act 2002 or the
Land Charges Act 1972).
Is a home rights charge (in respect of the applicant's marriage to
or civil partnership with the person named in panel 8 above)
registered in respect of any other dwelling-house?
No Yes
If Yes
(a) Insert the address of the other dwelling-house:
(b) Complete one of the following, as appropriate
The home rights charge on the other dwelling-house is
registered under the Land Charges Act 1972. The registration
number and date of registration at Land Charges Department
The other dwelling-house is registered under the Land
Registration Act 2002. The title number against which the
home rights charge is registered is:
Place 'X' in the appropriate box.
If 'Yes' place 'X' in the appropriate
box and complete the statement.
If you are a conveyancer the
certificate is sufficient to comply with
HM Land Registry’s requirements. If
no conveyancer is acting, you must
enclose an office copy of the order
with this application. HM Land
Registry may destroy documents
after scanning.
Has an order been made under section 33(5) of the Family Law
Act 1996?
No Yes
If Yes
I enclose an office copy of the order dated:
I am the applicant’s conveyancer and certify that I am holding
an office copy of the order dated
made under section 33(5) of the Family Law Act 1996 by
The applicant is entitled by virtue of section 31(2) or 31(5) of the
Family Law Act 1996 to a charge on the legal estate registered
under the title number(s) mentioned in panel 2.
The applicant applies under section 31(10)(a) or section 32 of,
and paragraph 4(3)(b) of Schedule 4 to, the Family Law Act 1996
for registration, under section 32 of the Land Registration Act
2002, of an agreed notice of the applicant’s home rights charge in
the individual register of the title(s) mentioned in panel 2.
If a conveyancer is acting for the
applicant, that conveyancer must
sign. If no conveyancer is acting, the
applicant must sign.
Signature of applicant
or their conveyancer:
If you dishonestly enter information or make a statement that you know is, or might be, untrue or misleading, and intend by doing
so to make a gain for yourself or another person, or to cause loss or the risk of loss to another person, you may commit the
offence of fraud under section 1 of the Fraud Act 2006, the maximum penalty for which is 10 years’ imprisonment or an unlimited
fine, or both.
Failure to complete this form with proper care may result in a loss of protection under the Land Registration Act 2002 if, as a
result, a mistake is made in the register.
Under section 66 of the Land Registration Act 2002 most documents (including this form) kept by the registrar relating to an
application to the registrar or referred to in the register are open to public inspection and copying. If you believe a document
contains prejudicial information, you may apply for that part of the document to be made exempt using Form EX1, under rule 136
of the Land Registration Rules 2003.
© Crown copyright (ref: LR/HO) 05/18
click to sign
click to edit