Name: ___________________________Date: ______________ Class: ____________________
World Studies for Georgia Students-Grade 6
Chapter 2: Government and Civics
Section 3: Citizen Participation in Government
Instructions: Read the section and complete each item with words from
the passages in this section.
1. Another way to look at the structure of a government is to look at
________________ participation. In other words, how much
_________________ do the citizens in a country have in terms of rights and
selecting their leaders?
2. There are three types of citizen participation: _________________, oligarchy,
3. In an _________________, the ruler has absolute, or total, power to do
whatever the ruler wishes.
4. Citizens who live in an autocracy have very few ________________. They do
not get to choose their _________________.
5. There are two main types of autocracy in the world today: ________________
and absolute ________________.
6. In a _________________, one person controls the entire country. The dictator
is usually supported by the _______________.
7. In an _________________ _________________, the sovereign, such as a king
or queen, has all the power.
8. The dictator or sovereign serves as _______________ of government, that is,
the person in charge of the day-to-day business of running the country.
9. In an _________________, a political party or other small group makes all the
major decisions. The name _________________ means “rule by a few.”