HOSA CODE OF CONDUCT
A good reputation enables members to take pride in their organization. HOSA members have an
excellent reputation. Your conduct at any HOSA function should make a positive contribution to the reputation that
has been established. HOSA Conference participants are AWARE THAT:
1. HOSA follows the UIL rules and regulations established for secondary high schools.
2. STUDENT behavior should at all times be a positive reflection of your school and Texas HOSA.
3. Student conduct is the responsibility of the student and their advisor.
4. STUDENTS will abide by the HOSA Conference Attire Policy at all business sessions, general sessions,
competitive events, and other conference activities. HOSA conference name badges shall be worn at all times
when participating in HOSA conference activities.
5. STUDENTS are expected to attend all general sessions and other scheduled conference activities. Please be
prompt and show respect to those in the audience and on stage.
6. STUDENTS shall keep their advisors informed of their activities and whereabouts at all times.
7. STUDENTS who disregard the rules will be subject to disciplinary action and will be sent home at their own
expense. Parents will be notified.
8. STUDENTS may not purchase, consume, or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time. Smoking or
using tobacco products at a school-related or school-sanctioned activity on or off school property is prohibited
at any time.
9. STUDENTS are to report any incidents, injuries or illness to their local or state advisor immediately.
10. STUDENTS are expected to observe the designated curfew. (Curfew is defined as being quietly in your own
assigned room by the designated hour.)
11. The student and his/her parents will be expected to pay for any and all damages relating to student behavior
which results in loss or damage to property.
12. Students and/or parents will be responsible for any long distance phone calls, charges to the room, etc.
13. I have read the above Code of Conduct for HOSA Conferences and agree to abide by the rules.
I, , hereby grant Texas HOSA permission to make photographs, videotapes, broadcasts, and/or sound recordings,
separately or in combination, of me and permission to use the said photographs, videotapes, broadcasts, and/or sound recordings for educational
and promotional purposes on any delivery system.
Printed Name of Parent / Guardian Parent / Guardian Signature Date
Printed Name of Student Student’s Signature Date