EMPLOYEE SUGGESTION PROGRAM (ESP) GENERAL RULES
Tangible Suggestion: suggestions for which a measurable dollar savings or increases in revenues can be calculated may
be eligible for a cash award from a minimum of $50 up to a maximum of $750, for an individual, and up to a maximum
of $750 for team suggestions.
Intangible Suggestion: Suggestions for which dollar savings cannot be calculated, but which result in significant
improvements in City operations may be eligible for a cash award from a minimum of $50 up to a maximum of $200.
A cash award will only be made after the suggestion has been approved for adoption by the City Manager.
A cash award granted for a suggestion submitted by a team will be distributed equally among the individuals whose
signatures appear on this form.
When duplicate suggestions are submitted, only the first suggestion to be received by the Human Resources Department
will be eligible for consideration.
All cash awards are subject to federal, state, FICA tax deductions
All City employees below the level of Department Director are eligible to participate in this program.
Examples of Eligible Suggestions: (suggestion must not reduce level of service to public)
• Improve operations
• Save time, labor, materials, or reduce cost
• Increase efficiency or productivity
• Improve service to the public
• Improve safety conditions
• Improve working conditions
Examples of ineligible Suggestions:
• A duplicate of a suggestion that has already been submitted
• Those that only present a problem, but provide no solution.
• Increasing City fees
• Those that propose changes in compensation or benefits
• Improvements to new equipment or processes which are still in the testing stages.
• Proposed changes and/or improvement already under consideration, in effect, or subject to regular management
The City of Little Rock has the exclusive right to determine award policy and structure, and retains the right to revise the
terms and conditions of the Employee Suggestion Program, or to terminate the program at any time without notice.
Notwithstanding the above, an employee's suggestion will be processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of
the Program in effect on the date that the suggestion is received.
The above Employee Suggestion Plan rules represent a summary only. Other eligibility requirements may apply. Please
check with the Employee Suggestion Program staff/Department of Human Resources for current policy and rules by