California Apartment Association Approved Form
Form 2.0 – Revised 1/10 - ©2010 – All Rights Reserved
Page 2 of 4
4. UTILITIES: Resident shall pay for all utilities, services and charges, if any, made payable by or based upon occupancy of
Resident shall have the following utilities connected at all times during the tenancy (check as applicable):
Gas Electric Water Trash Sewer Other:
Disconnection of utilities due to non-payment is a material violation of this Agreement.
5. CASH PAYMENT: The Owner/Agent may demand or require cash as the exclusive form of payment of rent or security
deposit if the Resident has previously attempted to pay the Owner/Agent with a check drawn on insufficient funds or the
Resident has stopped payment on a check, draft, or money order. If the Owner/Agent chooses to demand or require cash
payment under these circumstances, the Owner/Agent shall give the Resident a written notice stating that the payment
instrument was dishonored and informing the Resident that the Resident shall pay in cash for a period determined by
Owner/Agent, not to exceed three months, and attach a copy of the dishonored instrument to the notice.
6. TERMINATION: Except as prohibited by law, this Agreement may be terminated by Resident after service upon the
Owner/Agent of a written 30-day notice of termination of tenancy. Except as prohibited by law, this Agreement may be
terminated by the Owner/Agent by service upon the Resident of a written 60-day notice of termination of tenancy. However,
Civil Code Section 1946.1 provides that “if any tenant or resident has resided in the dwelling for less than one year”, the
Owner/Agent may terminate this Agreement by service upon the Resident of a written 30-day notice. Any holding over
thereafter shall result in Resident being liable to Owner/Agent for daily rental damages equal to the current fair rental value of
the unit, divided by 30.
7. OCCUPANTS: Premises shall be occupied only by the following named person(s):
Name Birthdate Name Birthdate
Name Birthdate Name Birthdate
8. PROHIBITIONS: Without Owner/Agent’s prior written permission as an addendum to this Agreement, no pets, waterbeds,
charcoal burners or other open-flame cooking devices, or liquefied petroleum gas fueled cooking devices (“grills”) or
shall be kept or allowed in or about the premises.
9. QUIET ENJOYMENT: Resident and Resident’s guest(s) shall not violate any criminal or civil law, ordinance or statute in the
use and occupancy of the premises, commit waste or nuisance, annoy, molest or interfere with any other person on the
property, or neighbor. Any such action may result in the immediate termination of this Agreement as provided herein and by
10. REPAIRS AND ALTERATIONS: Resident shall make a written request to Owner/Agent regarding any repairs, decorations or
alterations contemplated. Except as provided by law, no repairs, decorating or alterations shall be done by Resident without
Owner/Agent’s prior written consent. This includes, but is not limited to, painting, wallpapering, and changing locks. Resident
may not make any alterations to cable or telephone inside wiring (such as may occur when changing telecommunications
providers or adding phone lines) without prior written consent of the Owner/Agent. The consent request regarding proposed
alterations to inside wiring shall include the name, address, and telephone number of any new telecommunications providers.
Resident shall hold Owner/Agent harmless and indemnify Owner/Agent as to any mechanic’s lien recordation or proceeding
caused by Resident. Resident agrees to pay all costs resulting from the alteration and agrees to pay to the Owner/Agent any
costs associated with restoring the inside wiring to the condition at the time of move-in, except for reasonable wear and tear.
11. ACCEPTANCE OF PREMISES: Resident has inspected the premises, furnishings and equipment, and has found them to be
satisfactory. All plumbing, heating and electrical systems are operative and deemed satisfactory.
12. CARE, CLEANING, MAINTENANCE AND INSURANCE: Resident agrees to leave the premises in the same condition as it
was received, subject to normal wear and tear. Resident acknowledges that the damage caused by smoking tobacco products
is considered above normal wear and tear and will damage surfaces and fixtures, including, the carpet, carpet pad, wallboard,
window coverings and ceilings. Depending on the severity of the damage, costs for restoration of the unit may include, but
are not limited to, cleaning, sealing, painting, deodorizing, and possible replacement of fixtures and various surface materials.
Except as prohibited by law, Resident shall keep the premises and furniture, furnishings and appliances, and fixtures, which
are rented for Resident’s exclusive use, in good order and condition. Upon move-out, Resident agrees to return the unit to the
same level of cleanliness it was in at the inception of the tenancy. Resident is is not (check one) responsible for the