GENERAL USAGE GUIDELINES
1. Signage/Advertising is permitted inside the rental room, and
nowhere else in the building or on the property.
2. Food and beverages may be brought in or delivered. It is not
permitted outside the rented room(s). The use of burning candles
or any other type of open flame is not allowed, with the exception
of sterno for chafing dishes. *Birthday candles are permitted*
3. Decorations are permitted inside the room, provided they are
free-standing and removed at the end of the rental. No
decorations shall be attached to walls, lights, doors or ceiling.
The use of tape, tacks, staples, nails, glue to walls, ceilings and
4. Items not permitted are confetti or glitter; inside or outside. The
use/throwing of rice, flower petals, birdseed, confetti, glitter,
sparkles, dry ice, fog or smoke machines, sparklers,
pyrotechnics, or similar type items; inside or outside of the
5. Room use is limited only to the rooms specified in the rental
agreement. Only those listed on the application will be permitted
to make changes to the rental information Room changes will not
be permitted within 48 hours of the rental date.
6. Conduct Staff reserves the right to refuse admittance or to eject
any person causing harm or damage.
7. Pets are not allowed in the facility. Service dogs are welcome.
8. Tobacco use of any kind, is not permitted inside the facility
RENTAL DAY INFORMATION
1. Set up and Clean up time. Items cannot be brought into the
building before, or left after, the approved rental time. Vehicles
are not permitted to be parked in the fire lane. Items may be
unloaded onto the sidewalk, but vehicles must be moved
immediately after being unloaded.
*Vehicles may be towed at the owner’s expense
2. Trash must be properly disposed of by the renter in the trash
cans provided, or removed from the premises by the renter. Do
not leave any decorations, flyers, cardboard boxes, leftover food
or drinks, in the room. The applicant will be charged for additional
Exit time. The room must be cleaned and vacated by the
scheduled departure time. The applicant will be charged in 30
minute increments for any guest or vendor that stays past the
permitted room time.
1. Rental Day. The applicant or secondary contact person must be
present for the entire duration of the rental.
2. Room times must be strictly adhered to. No one is permitted to
enter the room before the scheduled time. This includes vendors,
caterers, decorators, etc. If additional setup time is required, it
must be scheduled and paid for by the renter during normal
3. Guests are not permitted to wander around the facility or in the
hallways, and children under 18 years old must be supervised by
an adult at all times.
4. Alcohol is not permitted anywhere on the property, unless prior
approval has been received. The applicant will be held responsible
for the conduct of all guests, and will forfeit the full security deposit
if alcohol is present at any time.
5. Music must be kept to an appropriate level so not to affect
6. Room capacity must be adhered to at all times. The applicant
must monitor guest attendance throughout the rental period.
7. Staff may immediately cancel the rental if attendance exceeds
room capacity, with no refund of fees or deposit.
8. Cancellation of the rental may occur at any time if incorrect or
incomplete information is provided on the rental contract (i.e.,
contact information, resident status, nature of event, or
unauthorized use of alcohol). A refund of fees or deposit will not
DAMAGES AND DEPOSITS
1. All damages, accidents, injuries, or malfunctioning
equipment must be reported to staff immediately.
The applicant will be held liable for all damage that occurs to any
equipment, the room or the facility, inside or out, due to guest or
renter’s negligence. This cost will be deducted from the security
deposit. If the cost of damage/repair exceeds the security deposit,
the applicant will be billed for all additional costs (plus staffing
hours, if applicable).
VENDORS AND OUTSIDE BUSINESSES
All businesses providing services in the facility must provide an active
business tax receipt and liability insurance, naming the City of Clermont as
additionally insured. Failure to do so may result in loss of deposit.
Clermont Arts & Recreation Center
Facility Agreement and Guidelines