CITY OF CLERMONT
STATEWIDE PRODUCT APPROVAL
The implementation date for the new Florida Product Approval was October 1, 2003. Rule 9B-72
of the Florida Building Commission establishes a higher standard of practice for product
evaluations, as well as uniformity and consistency of enforcement statewide.
The Rule covers the following eight categories of products: (Items in parentheses are examples
of sub-categories of products specific functionality, but are not limited to these examples)
1. Exterior Doors (rollup, sectional, sliding, swinging, automatic or other)
2. Windows (awning, casement, dual action, double hung, single hung, fixed, horizontal
slider, projected, pass through, mullions, wind breaker or other)
3. Panel Walls (siding, soffits, exterior insulation finish systems (EIFS), storefronts, curtain
walls, wall louver, glass block, membrane, greenhouse, or other)
4. Roofing Products (built up roofing, modified bitumen roof system, single ply roof systems,
spray applied polyurethane roof system, wood shingles and shakes, roofing slate, roof tile
adhesives, cement adhesives coatings, liquid applied roofing systems, underlayments,
non-structural metal roofing, roofing tiles, waterproofing or other)
5. Shutters (accordion, bahama, storm panels, colonial, roll-up, equipments or other)
6. Skylights (skylight or other)
7. Structural Components (truss plates, wood connectors, anchors, coolers-freezers, sheds,
concrete admixtures, insulation forms, engineered lumber, material, plastics, wall,
deck-roof, railing or other)
8. Products Comprising a Building’s Envelope Introduced as a Result of New Technology
The product approval system includes a statewide website for submittal of applications and payment
of fees for statewide product approvals. In addition, a database is available to search a list of approved
entities and products approved for statewide use. For more information on statewide product
approval and the Florida Building Code, www.floridabuildingcode.org or call the Florida Department of
Community Affairs at (850) 487-1824 or (877) FLA-DCA-2 and ask to speak to someone in the Codes
and Standards Section.
Please provide the supporting documentation along with the filled out form(s).
The forms to list the appropriate products may be accessed by clicking on Product Approval Forms.
City of Clermont
Development Services Department
685 W. Montrose St.
P.O. Box 120219
Clermont, FL 34712-0219
(352) 394-4083 Fax: (352) 394 3542 2/21/2020