CONSENT FOR THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF SENSITIVE OR PERSONAL
DATA FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION FOR ADMISSION AND ENROLLMENT PURPOSES
1. Pursuant to the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR), the
Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education and its member universities, including Clarion
University of Pennsylvania (“University”), in its capacity as a data controller under the EU GDPR,
must obtain explicit, affirmative consent before it can collect or process any sensitive or personal
data for a lawful basis including for admission and enrollment purposes.
2. Sensitive data includes data revealing racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or
philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; genetic or biometric data; health data; or data
concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
3. Any sensitive or personal data that is collected will be for the sole purpose of application for
admission to the University that is sent from the EU and is necessary for that purpose or for any
purpose permitting the use of sensitive or personal data under applicable law or to meet other
compliance obligations of the University.
4. I understand that any sensitive or personal data that is collected will also be used to report
serious illness, injury, or other health or emergency situations involving me, as well as to address
or report discrimination, harassment, sexual or gender-based misconduct and criminal behavior
which may be committed by or against me or otherwise involve me, on or off campus, to
appropriate authorities including staff, faculty, and administrators of the University or
appropriate legal or governmental authorities under applicable policies of the Pennsylvania State
System of Higher Education or the University (including but not limited to applicable codes of
conduct) and applicable laws (including but not limited to Title IX and the Clery Act).
5. I understand that refusal to consent to the use of sensitive or personal data, and the transfer of
sensitive or personal data overseas, for the purpose outlined in this notice may make it impossible
for the University to carry out necessary activities, and may preclude the University’s ability to
provide requested services.
6. I understand I have the right to withdraw consent to the collection and processing of sensitive
or personal data and to do so, I must contact email@example.com. I also understand that
the complete deletion of data will not be feasible in all situations to ensure the University’s ability
to comply with regulatory requirements.
Office of the Registrar - Clarion University of Pennsylvania 8/2018 Page 2