Office of Financial Aid
Perlstein Hall, 206
10 W. 33
Chicago, IL 60616
I certify that the information provided to the Office of Financial Aid is true and correct.
__________________________________ ___________ __________________________________ ___________
Student Signature (must print and sign) Date Parent Signature (dependent students only) Date
This application is available for continuing undergraduates who are ineligible to submit the Free
Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the Department of Education due to their citizenship
status or gender identity. A staff member will review this application to determine eligibility for
additional institutional need-based aid.
After all documentation has been submitted, check your Illinois Tech hawk email regularly as our
office may have follow-up questions about the information submitted.
Last Name First Name
Campus-Wide ID (A#) Telephone Number
1. Please check the current marital status of your parent(s)/guardian(s):
Married/Remarried Unmarried/Living together Never Married Divorced/Separated Widowed
2. List the people your parent(s)* will support between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021. Attach a separate sheet if necessary. Attach
form titled “Confirmation of Household Members” for any member of your household who isn’t listed on your parent(s)’ tax return.
• Yourself, even if you do not live with your parent(s)
• Your parent(s)/stepparent; exclude a parent not living in the household due to separation or divorce
• Your parent(s)’ financially dependent children, even if they do not live with your parent(s)
• Other people that your parent(s) will support if:
a) They now live with your parent(s) and receive more than half of their financial support from your parent(s), AND
b) Your parent(s) will continue providing more than half of their financial support from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021
Half Time** (Y/N)
**Indicate any household member, excluding parent(s) who will be enrolled, at least half time, in an undergraduate degree, diploma, or certificate
program at a postsecondary educational institution any time between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021
3. Letter of Explanation and Confirmation of RISE Application
1. On a separate sheet of paper, explain why you are requesting additional institutional need-based assistance and how much
you and your family can contribute toward your educational expenses.
A letter explaining my financial situation is attached: _________
2. I have completed the Alternative Application for Additional Financial Aid: Yes No (I am not an IL Resident)
2020-21 Application for Additional Aid Consideration