Office of Financial Aid
Perlstein Hall, 206
10 W. 33
Chicago, IL 60616
Dependent Verification Worksheet 2020-2021
I certify that the information provided to the Office of Financial aid is true and correct.
Student Signature (must print and sign) Date Parent Signature Date
Your 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) was selected for review
through a process called verification. Verification is the U.S. Department of Education’s method
of confirming data on your FAFSA and requires the Office of Financial Aid to collect various forms
of documentation. After all documentation has been submitted, check your Illinois Tech hawk
email regularly as our office may have follow-up questions about the information submitted.
Last Name First Name
Campus-Wide ID (A#) Telephone Number
1. Please check the current marital status of your parent(s)/guardian(s):
Married/Remarried Unmarried/Living together Never Married Divorced/Separated Widowed
2. List the people your parent(s)* will support between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021. Attach a separate sheet if necessary.
Attach the form titled “Confirmation of Household Members” for any member(s) of your household who were not claimed
on your family's 2018 tax return. Include:
• Yourself, even if you do not live with your parent(s)
• Your parent(s)/stepparent; exclude a parent not living in the household due to separation or divorce
• Your parent(s)’ financially dependent children, even if they do not live with your parent(s)
• Other people that your parent(s) will support if:
a) They now live with your parent(s) and receive more than half of their financial support from your parent(s), AND
b) Your parent(s) will continue providing more than half of their financial support from July 1, 2020, through
June 30, 2021.
Enrolled at Least
**Include any household member, excluding parent(s), who will be enrolled at least half-time, in a degree, diploma, or certificate program at a
postsecondary educational institution any time between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021. Additional documentation may be required.