Page 14 of 19 https://www.ruralpayments.org
Part 7 – Data disclosure
How we look after your information
We will use the information you provide to process any claims or applications you make.
We will also use your data for purposes connected with:
• administration of the Common Agricultural Policy
• administration of Scottish Rural Development Programme and other aid schemes
• monitoring and regulating the production and safety of food
• management of land and other environmental controls
• animal health and welfare
• occupational health and welfare
• evaluation of the impact of scheme payments and to provide evidence and advice to support policy-making
• assessment and improvement of our services to ensure that they are of high quality, efcient, and
responsive to our customers’ needs
We will pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so, or if we have to enforce or
government departments for legal reasons.
In order to full the objectives referred to below, we will share your personal information with the following
organisations (including any successor bodies):
• Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) and Forestry Commission Scotland (FCS) for purposes connected with the
Scotland Rural Development Programme and other environmental controls
• Food Standards Agency (Scotland) (FSAS) for purposes connected with the production and safety of food
• Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) for management of land and other environmental controls
• Animal Health and Veterinary Laboratories Agency (AHVLA) for purposes connected with animal health and
• research organisations for statistical and research purposes, including the collection of agricultural data
under section 78 (as amended) of the Agriculture Act (1947) and to meet European Commission Statistical
• organisations which audit the distribution of grants and subsidies in Scotland
• other organisations, including Scotland’s Environmental and Rural Services (SEARS) partners, for the
purpose of improving public service delivery
You can nd out more about SEARS at www.sears.scotland.gov.uk
We store your data on our secure servers in the UK. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Whenever we use your personal data or share it with other organisations, it will be in accordance with the
Data Protection Act 1998.
The Act requires, among other things, that we do not use your data for purposes incompatible with those listed
here, that we take appropriate measures to protect the condentiality, integrity and security of your information.
And that we must supply you with a copy of the information we hold about you if you request it.
We must observe the provisions of the following legislation as may be amended from time to time:
• the Data Protection Act 1998
• the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
• the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004
• European Commission (EC) Regulation No 259/2008 as amended by Commission Regulation (EU)
We may need to disclose personal information when required by law if, in our opinion, it is necessary to
comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process.
We will publish information relating to support payments in Scotland in line with European Commission
legislation. We will also publish information which is not personal data for reasons of transparency and
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and
your rights to access the information we hold about you please contact your RPID area ofce.