S:\FORMS\Planning\Tree Reimbursement Program & Application.doc Page 3 of 3
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR LAND USE APPLICATIONS
(1) Petitions, applications and appeals provided for in this ordinance shall be made on forms prescribed by the City.
(2) An applicant shall be advised that all permits or zone changes necessary for a development project may be merged into a consolidated
review process. Zone changes and permits required through the application of the overlay district and discretionary permit
procedures shall be available for a consolidated permit process. For purposes of this ordinance, a consolidated permit process shall
mean that the hearing body shall, to the greatest extent possible, apply concurrent notice, public hearing and decision making
procedures to the permits and zone changes which have been consolidated for review.
(3) Applications shall be accompanied by plans and specifications drawn to scale, showing the actual shape and dimensions of the lot to
be built upon; the sizes and locations on the lot of all existing and proposed structures; the intended use of each structure; the
number of families, if any, to be accommodated thereon; the relationship of the property to the surrounding area and such oth er
information as is needed to determine conformance with this ordinance.
(4) The failure to raise an issue in person or by letter filed in a timely manner precludes appeal and the failure to specify to which criterion
the comment is directed, precludes appeal based on that criterion.
(5) Approval or denial of a land use regulation or limited land use application shall be based upon and accompanied by a brief statement
that explains the criteria and standards considered relevant to the decision, states the facts relied upon and explains the justification
for the decision based on the criteria standards and facts set forth.
(6) The decision of the Planning Commission will be issued with a Final Order. If a written Notice of Appeal is not filed within 15 days
from the date the Final Order of the Planning Commission is mailed, the decision becomes final.
NOTE: Other permits may be necessary depending on the nature of your application. Required permits may include:
TREE PERMITS: For developments which require the cutting of trees for streets, utilities and/or buildings, a tree removal permit
must be submitted at the time of the development application.
RIGHT-OF-WAY PERMITS: Anyone wishing to occupy, encroach on, or construct within a City right-of-way must have an approved
COMPLETENESS REVIEW: Upon receipt of a Land Use Application, City planning staff will review the application for completeness
within 30 days. If your application is deemed incomplete you will be given 30 days to submit the required information to make it
complete. Once the application is complete it will be scheduled for review by the Veneta Planning Commission and public notices
will be sent.
BUILDING PERMITS: Building permits are issued by the City of Veneta; 88184 8th Street; Veneta, Oregon (541) 935-2191. If a Site
Review is required it must be approved prior to issuance of a building permit.
APPEALS: Any land use decision may be appealed. Planner decisions may be appealed to the Planning Commission. Planning
Commission decisions may be appealed by the City Council. Council decisions may be appealed to the State Land Use Board of
PRIOR TO PREPARING AN APPLICATION, applicants should check with City Staff to make sure they have the most updated versions of
the Veneta Comprehensive Plan, Land Development Ordinance, and Land Division Ordinance. Ordinances are available on the City