Short Form Service Agreement for Miscellaneous Services
THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT, entered into by Liberty University, Inc. (“Liberty” or “LU”) and the Contractor named below,
documents the entire understanding of the parties regarding the services and compensation to be provided. This agreement becomes
effective only when signed by the Contractor and an authorized Liberty representative.
NAME AND ADDRESS OF “CONTRACTOR”
NOT BE A CURRENT LU EMPLOYEE)
Name of Contractor
Phone Number/Fax Number/E-mail
NAME AND ADDRESS OF LU DEPARTMENT
Liberty University, Inc.
Department, Unit or Division Name
Department, Unit or Division Contact
1. SCOPE OF SERVICES: Contractor shall perform all services below for the compensation indicated in Section 2 (Complete all that apply):
Name of Project: _____________________________________________ Location(s): _________________________________________________
Description of Services: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Date(s): _____________________________________________________ Time(s): _____________________________________________________
Contractor agrees to provide the following equipment/items for this agreement (if any):____________________________________________________
Liberty agrees to provide the following equipment/items for this agreement (if any): ____________________________________________________
Only the following attachments are part of this agreement:__________________________________________________________________________
2. COMPENSATION: Contractor will be paid $____________________ per hour for __________________________________________________
for a total of $ _______________________ or a lump sum amount of $______________________. In addition, Liberty will be responsible for
providing or reimbursing for the following:
33. TERMS OF PAYMENT (Department, Unit or Division representative may select one of the following, if applicable. Payment 45 days after
receipt of invoice unless otherwise indicated):
Payment to the contractor within 45 days after date of service.
A valid, signed W-9 (W-8BEN for international personnel) must be on file with LU Accounts Payable before payment is made. Contractor is an
independent contractor and will be responsible for withholding and/or paying all applicable state, local and federal taxes associated with this agreement.
(LU will not be liable for reimbursements requested more than 60 days after the date of services stated in Section 1, above)
4. INDEMNIFICATION: Contractor shall indemnify, save harmless and defend Liberty, its officers and employees from all liability, including costs and
expenses, for all actions or claims resulting from injuries or damages sustained by any person or property arising directly or indirectly as a result of any error,
omission, or negligent act of the Contractor, subcontractor, or anyone directly or indirectly employed by them in the performance of this agreement.
Contractors’ activities will be at its own risk and Contractor is given notice of its responsibilities to guard against physical, financial, and other risks as
5. TERMINATION: This agreement may be terminated at no cost to either party upon _______days written notice prior to the date of service stated in
Section 1, above (30 days unless otherwise indicated). This agreement may also be terminated in whole or in part if Contractor fails to deliver work products
or perform services under this agreement to the satisfaction of Liberty within the specified time.
6. NOTICES: Any notices or requests required or permitted to be given hereunder must be sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, or
by a nationally recognized overnight delivery service addressed to the addresses listed above.
7. OTHER: This agreement is governed and construed by laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, federal laws, local laws, and regulations and ordinances
applicable to the work performed. The Contractor shall be cognizant and shall at all times observe and comply with such laws, regulations, and ordinances
which in any manner or in any way affect the performance of this agreement.
8. INSURANCE: The responsible Purchasing Officer may require proof of applicable insurance prior to job performance.
Signature of Contractor Date
Printed Name and Title
LU Signature ($2500+ requires Procurement) Date
Printed Name and Title