Page 1 of 2
Fire Protection System Permit
1. All work subject to field inspection and/or testing. NFPA 13D and 13R systems shall require a “bucket test”.
2. No work shall start prior to sprinkler permit issuance.
3. The editions of NFPA 13, 13D, 13R, 14 and 303 referenced by the State Fire Prevention Code are adopted by the
City of Annapolis.
4. Plans and manufacturers’ specs are required.
5. The permit is valid for work commenced within a period of 120 days after issuance. Otherwise, it is void and of no
effect. The permit shall be for periods as the fire chief determines, not to exceed 1 year.
6. Issued sprinkler permits are not transferable for any reason.
7. All fees are not refundable for any reason.
8. A copy of the cost estimate signed by the building owner shall be submitted with the permit application.
Job Location Related Building Permit #
Property Owner Phone, day
Property Owner Address
Occupant Phone, day
If commercial, business trading as
Fire Protection Company
Phone, day State FMO License No.
E-mail address Fax
Proposed Work New building Existing building Other
Residential Commercial Other (explain)
Extent of Work
NFPA 13 System
NFPA 13R System
NFPA 13D System
Fire Suppression System
Cost of entire installation, including material and labor
City of Annapolis
Department of Planning and Zoning
145 Gorman Street, 3
Annapolis, MD 21401-2529
Permitting@annapolis.gov • 410-260-2200 • Fax 410-263-9158 • TDD use MD Relay or 711 • www.annapolis.gov