Revised Mar. 20, 2019 Page 2 of 5
and performers. Drivers shall have a valid driver’s license, which shall be kept in the vehicle at all times during the
parade, and drivers shall be in competent condition to safely operate the vehicle on the date of the parade. No hot
roding, hole shots, wheelies, or similar actions shall be allowed during the parade. Drivers shall not deviate from the
City-designated parade route at any time or for any reason, unless expressly directed to do so by the City.
9. Performers. Performers shall keep up with the pace of the parade and the vehicles in the parade. Performers shall not
act or perform in any manner that causes a temporary or permanent stopping or slowing of any vehicles in the parade.
10. Animals. Horses, dogs, cows, reptiles, and any other wild or domestic animals shall not be brought to or included in
the parade, or in or on any vehicle or trailer in the parade, without the prior written approval of the City.
11. Riders. Children under thirteen (13) years of age shall be under constant adult supervision during the parade, and shall
remain seated at all times when the vehicle is running, regardless of whether the vehicle is in motion or has temporarily
stopped. Standing Participants on any vehicle or trailer shall have a device to hold, such as safety rails, barriers, or
ropes, which are sufficient to prevent falling on or from the vehicle or trailer. No passenger shall cling to or ride on the
outside of any vehicle at any time, regardless of whether or not the vehicle is in motion. Riders shall either remain
properly inside the vehicle or on the trailer once the parade begins and at all times during the parade when the vehicle
is running, regardless of whether the vehicle is in motion or has temporarily stopped.
12. Parade Route. Parade participants shall not deviate from the City-designated parade route at any time or for any
reason, unless expressly directed to do so by the City, and and shall stay off all nearby or adjacent private property,
including but not limited to yards, driveways, private roads, steps, porches, gardens or similar.
13. Helmets. Anyone riding any type of motorcycle, 4-wheeler, bike, or other similar vehicle in the parade shall wear proper
helmets at all times during the parade.
14. Fire Extinguisher. At least one 5-pound ABC fire extinguisher shall be carried in an easily accessible, easy to reach,
designated location on the trailer or in the tow vehicle. Open flame displays, roman candles, fireworks and other similar
items which may present fire risks or hazards are prohibited on all trailers and vehicles in the parade.
15. Generators. Generators shall not be used during the parade for any reason or at any time.
16. Electrical System. All electrical systems used during the parade shall be in good condition and in complete legal working
order. No bare wires or exposed electric connections are permitted.
17. Alcohol and Drugs. There shall be no consumption of alcohol or unlawful drugs, no smoking, and no vaping or use of
similar devices on any vehicle or trailer. No person operating a vehicle, trailer or other motorized vehicle in the parade
shall be under the influence of alcoholic beverages or unlawful drugs of any type.
18. Give Aways. No objects shall be thrown from any vehicle or trailer during the parade. The Applicant, and its
Participants, who wish to provide give aways shall have walkers along the edge of the sidewalk to hand out the give
aways. Give aways shall be handed to individual spectators by the walkers, and shall not be thrown into any spectator
19. Firearms. No person shall discharge firearms, noise makers, fireworks, or similar items at any time during the parade.
20. Safety Spot Checks. The Applicant and each Participant understand and hereby agree that the Applicant and its
Participants are jointly and exclusively responsible for the safety and compliance of every vehicle and trailer driven,
used and/or included in the parade, including the need to perform safety checks of such vehicles and trailers prior to
and throughout the parade.
21. Non-Compliance. The City, including any member of the City Special Events Detail, which includes but is not limited to
the Mayor’s Office of Development/Special Projects, the City Fire Department, the City Police Department, and the
City’s Office of Emergency Preparedness and Risk Management, and any other designee or authority having jurisdiction
over the parade, reserves the right in its sole discretion and at any time to issue a warning to the Applicant or its
Participants, to order immediate correction of any non-compliance at any time before or during the parade, or to
permanently and immediately remove from the parade any person, vehicle or trailer that fails to comply in any manner
and at any time with these Rules or any applicable laws or regulations. Failure to heed any warning, comply with these
Rules or any applicable law or regulation, or correct any failure as ordered shall result in the City’s immediate and
permanent removal of such person, vehicle, and/or trailer from the parade, and may bar participation in any future
parades or special events. The City shall have the right, in addition to any other available rights or remedies, to proceed
at any time or from time to time to protect and enforce all rights and remedies available to the City, by suit or any other