a. Banners to be installed must be delivered to Public Works by the date specified on the permit. Banners must be
delivered in a box appropriate for storage.
b. Banners removed by Public Works will be held for pick-up by the applicant for up to 30 days from removal date
approved in this application; beyond 30 days, Public Works may, at its discretion, dispose of the banners.
c. Installation and removal of banners may be delayed in inclement or emergency situations, at the sole discretion of
Public Works. The applicant will not receive a refund in this case.
d. Banners will be installed on regular work days.
5. The cost of hanging and removing banners by Department of Public Works will be calculated for reimbursement by
the requesting organizations (§
6.04.210) at a cost of $20.00 per banner location for each event. That cost must be
paid by applicant prior to the banners being installed. Banners will not be installed if payment of the installation and
removal cost is not provided.
6. Banners will not be able to be hung on damaged brackets. Brackets will be repaired as quickly as possible and the
banner will be hung once the bracket (s) is repaired. The applicant will not receive a refund in this case.
Banners installed without submission and approval of this application will be removed and held for pickup for up to 30
days after removal. The cost to remove the banners will be invoiced to the responsible party at $20.00 per banner.
The following are additional requirements for approval of banner installation.
1. Pre-application discussion with the City’s Special Events Coordinator is required for a first time request for banner
2. The completed permit application, with required attachments, must be submitted 30 days prior to the proposed start
date. Applications received fewer days in advance of the proposed start date may be processed at the discretion of
the Special Events Coordinator.
3. A $30.00 non-refundable application fee is required prior to review of submitted application. Payment may be made
by check payable to the City of Annapolis or in cash to the Special Events Coordinator. Cash payments will be
deposited and a receipt will be provided. Applications may be sent electronically via email to:
email@example.com, and the application fee may be sent by mail to the Special Events Coordinator.
4. If you are placing banners in the Historic District (see location maps so designated), this application will be reviewed
by the Annapolis Historic Preservation Commission (
21.70.090) and their fee will apply. A $25.00 non-refundable fee
is required prior to review of the submitted application by the Chief of Historic Preservation. Payment may be made
by check payable to the City of Annapolis or in cash to the Special Events Coordinator. This fee is required ONLY if
you are placing banners in the Historic District.
5. No application will be reviewed until all applicable fees have been paid.
6. The address for mailing or delivery of the application and/or payment is:
Special Events Coordinator
City of Annapolis
160 Duke of Gloucester Street
Annapolis, MD 21401