Revised Dec. 13, 2018 1
FY 2020 Community Grant
Application and Guidelines
Charter and Code of the City of Annapolis
Chapter 6.16.060 - Priorities for making operating and/or capital grants to non-profit organizations
under the City of Annapolis Community Grant Program.
A. For the purposes of this section an "operating grant" shall provide support for the day-to-day costs of running the
non-profit organization. A "capital grant" shall provide support for the purchase of property, the construction,
remodeling, or expansion of a facility, or purchase of equipment by a non-profit organization.
ubject to the availability of funds, the City will consider funding an operating and/or capital grant to a non-profit
organization with an application submission that meets one of the following priorities:
1. Provides services that sustain and empower youth, families and individuals to move towards an improved quality
of life and self-sufficiency;
2. Provides programs that preserve and enhance a community's character;
3. Provides programs that contribute to a vibrant economy; or
4. Promotes programs that are integral to community revitalization, economic development and environmental
here shall be a committee convened to review and evaluate applications submitted to the City of Annapolis for
an operating and/or capital grant in accordance with the criteria in Section 6.16.060 D. The committee shall consist
of: the Mayor's designated staff person; the Finance Director's designated staff person; and two at large staff
D. Application qualification criteria:
1. Applicant shall have the administrative and financial capacity to carry out the project successfully and shall be in
good standing with the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation;
2. The project shall help meet the goals and objectives set forth in Paragraph B of this section;
3. The applicant shall demonstrate that the proposed activity shall provide maximum public benefit in relation to cost;
4. The applicant shall demonstrate the ability to leverage additional funds.
rants committee recommendations to Finance Committee.
The grants committee shall make recommendations to the Finance Committee for its consideration as part of the
annual budget process.
(Ord. O-14-08 Amended § 1, 2008)
(Ord. No. O-54-11 Amended, § I, 1-23-2012; Ord. No. O-7-14, § I, 12-22-2014; Ord. No. O-7-15 Amended, § I, 4-27-2015)