- 2 -
FORM_TEAL_EA Updated 04/22/2020
Attention - Applicants who are granted an COVID-19 Exception Authorization will be responsible for
following through with all the requirements. The COVID-19 Exception Authorization is for applicants who
were unable to complete requirements to meet initial licensure, renewal, or reinstatement requirements due
to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. This Exception Authorization is valid for two (2) years and it
not renewable or extendable.
Tips for Applicants
• Before completing your application, read all instructions carefully .
• In order for PTSB to better serve you by processing your application quickly and efficiently, it is critical
that submitted application packets are complete and contain all supporting documentation as outlined
in the instructions and on the forms.
• PTSB would like you to email or fax your completed application to us.
• Application processing times vary throughout the year and depend upon whether an applicant is
required to submit fingerprints cards or not. Check our current processing time by visiting the PTSB
• It is the applicant’s responsibility to maintain current information (including Name, Mailing Address,
Phone Number, and Email Address) on file w ith the Professional Teaching Sta ndards Board.
o To update your information please call our office at 307-777-7291.
Step 1 — Complete the Wyoming PTSB Application Form
• Section I – APPLICANT INFORMATION (Page 6)
o Complete the information as outlined.
• Section II – LICENSING AND LEGAL INFORMATION (Pages 6 and 7)
o Please DO NOT include your Social Security Num ber on the forms. This is to protect
your identity. PTSB Staff will call y ou after receiving your application to get this
information from you.
o Please make sure you carefully read and complete pages 6 and 7 of the application.
o Any disclosure must be accompanied by a personal statement indicating the circumstances and
other related legal documentation (if applicable) to be considered complete. For more
information regarding your personal statement, see page 6.
o Failure to disclose will delay your application. This may also lead to a forfeiture of your fee and
denial, or cancelation of your application.
o If you have any questions regarding your particular circumstance(s), please contact our office at
o Sign and date the application (see bottom of page 7).
• Section III – INDIVIDUAL EXCEPTION AUTHORIZATION REQUIREMENTS
o Complete the box in this section w hich applies to the Exception Authorization option that applies
to your particular situation (see page 8) and gather any documentation required.
Step 2 — Complete fingerprint cards [if applicable]
• Applicants must provide fingerprints on two (2) original blue (FBI) fingerprint cards regardless of
how recent fingerprints were taken in another state or for any other purpose. Note: If you currently
hold a valid Wyoming license or permit through PTSB, you do not need to submit new fingerprint
• Applicants may obtain fingerprint cards and be fingerprinted by any law enforcement agency.
o If the local law enforcement agency will not provide two (2) blue (FBI) fingerprint cards,
applicants may email PTSB at email@example.com with applicant’s name and mailing address to
• Include both blue fingerprint cards with your complete application packet.
• BEFORE submitting your fingerprint cards, be aware of the following conditions:
o Fingerprint cards MUST be completed in black ink only.
o Fingerprint cards MUST NOT be folded, stapled, or mutilated in any way.
• Fingerprint cards MUST NOT contain any smudged or unreadable prints.