PAGE 4 OF 5 WWW.RALEIGHNC.GOV REVISION 2.13.20
State of North Carolina County of Wake Agreement
This Agreement (“the Agreement”) is made this the _______ day of ______________________, year of __________ by and between the City of
Raleigh, North Carolina, ( the “City”) and ______________________________________________________, (the “Owner”);
W I T N E S S E T H
WHEREAS, The Owner has petitioned the City to be annexed into the corporate City limits, City File No. ______________________;
WHEREAS, The Owner has initiated a development project at _______________________________________________________,
City file ___________________________, and said development contains sewer connections with the utility system of the City; and
WHEREAS, The parties hereto intend that during the pendency of the annexation petition,
and after the petition has been recommended by staff to be approved by the City Council, the Owner should pay the City the same utility
connection charges paid for developments located inside the corporate limits of the City, and further, if the City Council rejects the petition, then
within thirty days following said rejection, the Owner shall pay additional moneys so that the total payment by Owner to the City is the same utility
connection charges paid for developments located outside the City limits as set forth in Raleigh City Code Section 10-6081(c).
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration for the mutual promises contained herein and other valuable consideration, the receipt of which is
acknowledged by the parties, the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. Owner will be allowed to commence development without paying the City outside sewer connection charges.
2. That in the event that the annexation petition made by Owner is rejected by the City, Owner shall pay to the City all sewer connection fees
required of developments located outside the City limits, as set forth in Raleigh City Code Section 10-6081 (c). Full payment shall be made
within thirty days following the action of the City to deny the annexation petition.
3. That in the event Owner shall fail to make full payment to the City as required in paragraph two, the City in any cause of action for collection
shall be entitled to interest at ten percent per annum plus reimbursement for all collection costs, including reasonable attorney fees.
4. That in the event Owner shall fail to make full payment to the City as required in paragraph two, the Owner agrees to allow the City to retain,
as liquidated damages, any and all reimbursements owed to Owner by the City.
5. All rights granted herein in favor of the City are cumulative and supplemental to any other powers the City may have, and the rights
established herein in favor of the City shall not in any way diminish or restrict the City from exercising its police powers.
6. This Agreement shall be binding on and shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns.
7. This Agreement may only be amended in writing signed by the parties hereto or their respective successors.
8. This Agreement and the legal relations of the parties hereto shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina.
9. The parties hereto for themselves, their agents, officials, employees and servants agree not to discriminate in any manner on the basis of
race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, handicap, or sexual orientation with reference to the subject matter of this Agreement, no
matter how remote. The parties further agree in all respects to conform to the provisions and intent of the City of Raleigh Ordinance 1969-
889, as amended. This provision is hereby incorporated into this Agreement for the benefit of the City of Raleigh and its residents, and may
be enforced by action for specific performance, injunctive relief, or other remedy as by law provided.
In Witness Whereof, the parties hereto have caused this agreement to be executed the day and year first above written.
By _______________________________________________ Attest _______________________________________________