Page 2 of 4
MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT QUESTIONS
If the scope of the proposed work consists of replacement of existing mechanical equipment only, and the
answer to ANY of the below questions is “No” then a plot plan is required. See the Residential Plot Plan
Checklist for submission requirements. If the answer to ALL the below questions is “Yes” a permit could be
obtained using the E-Permit process.
1. Is (are) the A/C unit(s) for which the permit is being applied for at the same
location of the old/existing unit?
2. Is (are) the A/C unit(s) for which the permit is being applied for the same size or
smaller (BTU or Tonnage) than the old/existing unit(s)?
3. Is (are) the A/C unit(s) for which the permit is being applied for the same type
(split or package) unit?
LIEN AGENT INFORMATION | www.liensnc.com
NC law requires appointment of a lien agent. Contractors/subcontractors can give notice when they are
working on the project. Lien Agent appointments are not required for improvements under $30,000, or to
the owner’s existing residence, or for public building projects.
It is the responsibility of the Applicant to pick up plans after each review cycle. If plans are not picked up
180 days from the last review cycle, they will be considered abandoned and will be destroyed.
RESIDENTIAL INFILL COMPATIBILITY (UDO 2.2.7)
If your project is subject to residential infill compatibility (UDO Section 2.2.7) a foundation survey may be
required with this project. The foundation survey must be available at the time of zoning site inspection.
You are also required to notify property owners within 100 feet on all side of the subject property.
Please select the response that applies to your application:
Yes, this property does qualify as residential infill development
No, this property does not qualify as residential infill development
• If you select yes, you will need to provide unsealed, stamped, addressed envelopes with your
application. For more information about this requirement, visit the Residential Infill webpage.
• If you select no and your application is found to qualify as residential infill, staff will be unable to
complete the review because the application will be deemed incomplete.
• If you are not sure if your property meeting the infill standards, you may complete the
Infill Verification Request form. Please note there is a $45 fee for this request.