CITY OF ADRIAN
GAZEBO/SHELTER RENTAL AGREEMENT
City Resident (inside City limits)
Non-City Resident (outside City limits)
RENTAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Reservations cannot be completed more than one (1) year in advance.
2. A reservation is not confirmed until full-payment or damage deposit is received. Balance/full-payment is required at least 14 days prior to the event date.
3. Make payment at: Adrian City Hall, 135 E. Maumee Street, Adrian, MI 49221. First floor – Account Clerks. Office Hours: M-F, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
4. Accepted forms of payment are cash, check or money order. Checks or money orders should be made payable to
City of Adrian.
5. City Parks Contact: Rebekah Maschino, M-F 9:00am-2:30pm. Phone: 517-264-4876; Email: RMaschino@adrianmi.gov.
6. Alcohol is not permitted in any City Park.
7. Smoking is not permitted in posted areas.
8. Fireworks are not permitted.
9. The City of Adrian Noise Ordinance will be enforced in all city parks.
10. No person shall kindle or build fires in any park except in grills provided for such purpose. Fires must be extinguished before leaving the park.
11. Renters are not allowed to charge admission, sell items or solicit money in any City Park.
12. Pets must be on a leash. Owners must clean up after pets. Pets are not allowed on ballfield areas.
13. Shelter reservation/rental is for all day. Parks open at 8:00 am and close at 10:00 pm. Restrooms close at 9:00 pm.
14. Shelters are open to the public unless “reserved” is posted. Signs will be posted in the shelter indicating the reservation date and name under which it is
15. All vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only.
16. All decorations and signage used by renter, must be removed and disposed of in proper waste containers located in the park. Stapling or taping items to trees,
poles, buildings, or equipment is not permitted.
17. Please do not overfill trash containers. Once trash container is full, all remaining trash should be put in a trash bag you provide, and removed/disposed of
properly. Trash containers are to be used for park refuse only.
18. Gazebo rentals do not
include chairs nor chair set-up.
19. Restrooms are closed from November – April each year. Renter is responsible for providing port-a-lets independently or with support from the City. The City
will arrange delivery of port-a-lets with a prior request of at least ten (10) days and payment of $100/per port-a-let.
20. Reservations may not
be rescheduled or refunded due to poor weather conditions. Exception – Refunds are available if the City Parks Department closes the
park due to severe weather conditions.
21. Cancellation requests, within 14 days, are subject to a $10 processing fee and any expenses incurred prior to cancellation notification.
22. Large Group Rentals: A large group is deemed 100 persons or greater. In the event that a large group renter cannot provide the listed requirements,
for any reason, the City of Adrian shall not enter into a rental agreement with the renter under any circumstances. A large group reservation
a. A certificate of insurance, in the amount of $1,000,000, with the City of Adrian listed as an insured party.
b. A damage deposit of $200 (in addition to the rental fee).
23. All rented areas are inspected after the event to evaluate site conditions. All damage and/or excessive cleaning fees are the renter's responsibility. Fees will
be deducted from the deposit; balance will be refunded to the renter. If fees exceed the deposit, the balance will be billed to the renter directly. If site is
deemed to be in clean and undamaged condition, a refund will be processed. Refunds should be received within 2-3 weeks of the event date.
24. It is recommended that renters carry this reservation confirmation with them. If others are in the shelter and do not observe the posting or the reservation form,
you are advised to call the Lenawee County Sherriff central dispatch at 517-263-0524, ext.0. I have read, understand, and agree to the above rental terms and
conditions in their entirety:
For Office Use Only: 101-697.00-651.072