APPLICATION DEADLINE IS March 1
President’s Leadership Class Applicaon Requirements
1. Apply to, and be accepted by, Connors State College before Oct. 1st
2. Complete the PLC Regents Tuition Waiver Scholarship Application
3. Submit a sealed envelope with your official, 7 or 8 semester high school
4. Provide an official ACT Scoresheet portraying the ACT trademark
(Required only if the ACT score is not included on HS Transcript)
5. Provide a typewritten resume listing awards, activities, honors, leader-
ship positions & community service hours
6. Provide a typed essay that describes what most distinguishes you as an
individual (Please limit your response to 100 words)
7. Include three sealed envelopes with one letter of recommendation
enclosed within each
8. Submit a sealed envelope, from each college you have attended, with
an official college transcript enclosed (If applicable)
Selecon Process—President’s Leadership Class
All applicants who meet the specied requirements will be considered by the PLC Selecon Commiee. All applicants will receive ranking scores based on
three elements: ACT composite and sub-scores, the information provided in the PLC application packet, and the interview. The three ranking scores for
each applicant will be averaged to determine each final ranking score and the final applicant ranking. Interviews will held in March.
Selected students must return the accompanying award agreement form to the scholarship office within one week of receiving the scholarship offer. The
student must complete registration forms by the second week of May.
The President reserves the opon of special appointment.
Effective September 2018
President’s Leadership Class (PLC) Course & Scholarship Descripons
PLC members will enroll in four semesters of consecuve PLC classes. PLC Course Descripon:
PSYC 2311, PSYC 2321, PSYC 2331, and PSYC 2341 – President’s Leadership Class 1 Credit/Semester
Prerequisites: Preference will be given to PLC applicants who are proficient in English (Writing), Reading, Math, and Science. PLC applicants must
submit an application portfolio and be selected by the PLC Selection Committee. The CSC President reserves the option of special appointment.
The President’s Leadership Class involves scholarship, leadership, and service. PLC students are considered an extension of the Connors State
College President. The PLC is both an academic class and a student activities organization. PLC students will have the opportunity to develop
leadership skills through course work and PLC activities. Connors State College’s President, faculty, and staff will utilize the group to promote
qualities of scholarship, leadership, and service as ambassadors on CSC campuses, in the community, and at state-wide events. PLC students must
earn an “A” in PLC class and complete 12 credit hours each semester with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 with no grade below a “C”, “P”, or “S”.
PLC Regents Tuion Waiver Scholarship Descripon:
The PLC membership and scholarship (tuion waiver) is available on a semester-by-semester basis for up to four consecuve fall and spring semes-
ters. The tuion waiver covers a maximum enrollment of 18 credit hours per semester and does NOT include fees, books, room, or board. PLC
membership includes 10 hours/week college work. Each student will work 4 hours/week in service to PLC/CSC and 6 hours/week for a work supervi-
sor on campus.
PLC Scholarship Renewability Requirements
The PLC membership, as well as the scholarship award, will be renewed for
up to 4 consecuve semesters if the member complies with the following:
1. Earn an “A” in PLC class (see course descripon above)
Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA with no grade below a “C”, “P,” or “S”
3. Successfully complete 12 credit hours per fall and spring semester
4. Developmental courses (zero level) must be passed with an “S” within
the rst 24 aempted hours
5. Receive posive behavior and performance reports from their instruc-
tors, work supervisors, the Dean of Students
6. Acvely parcipate in ocial CSC student acvity funcons on campus
No probaonary period will be oered. Students who do not meet
the renewal requirements will not be allowed to connue in the PLC.
Submit your application portfolio to: Connors State College, Office of Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs, Gatlin Hall,
700 College Road, Warner, OK 74469
*PLC students will be required to participate in the random drug-testing program at CSC.