HUDSON COUNTY GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Each year, the Hudson County Executive and the Board of Chosen Freeholders will merit and
need-based scholarships that will provide support for tuition, fees to students pursuing an
HCCC degree on a full-time basis. Each scholarship is renewable for up to six semesters
(three years) provided the applicant remains in good academic standing.
SECTION 1: SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES AND ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Applicants must reside in Hudson County to be considered for scholarship eligibility.
2. Currently enrolled students may apply.
3. Applicants must meet the standard admission requirements set forth by the institution (see
4. Applicants must enroll as a full-time student at Hudson County Community College.
5. Applicants must submit a financial aid application to the college, although it is not a
requirement to submit the form to the state or federal government.
6. Scholarship recipients must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 to
maintain scholarship eligibility. Should a student’s GPA fall below the minimum
requirement, they will have a one semester grace period to bring the GPA up to the
required minimum. Should the student fail to bring the GPA up to the required minimum at
the end of the grace period, the student will lose their scholarship eligibility.
7. This scholarship may not be applied to prior balances.
8. The annual deadline for complete scholarship applications is August 1st. (Should that date
fall on the day when the College is closed, the deadline would be the first day that the
College is open after August 1
SECTION 2: PERSONAL INFORMATION
NAME: ___________________________________________ STUDENT ID: ___________________
CITY, STATE, ZIP: _________________________________________________________________
TELEPHONE: (______) _______ - ____________ E-Mail: __________________________________
DATE OF BIRTH: ______________________________________