3. EXTENT OF AUTHORITY
The Principal appoints the Agent as his/her representative to manage and transact in his/her legal and business affairs
in the Republic of South Africa. The Principal gives the Agent full power and authority to act on his/her behalf, in his/her
name, for his/her account and beneﬁ t.
1. Immovable Property: To manage, let and maintain the Principal’s immovable property.
2. Business Matters: To manage the Principal’s business affairs, investments, securities and movable property; and
make necessary payments relating to any of the aforementioned.
3. Legal Disputes: To demand, litigate and recover, and give discharges for all monies, securities for all sums of
money, debts, stocks, shares and property of the Principal.
4. Legal Proceedings: To start, continue or defend any legal proceedings relating to the Principal’s property or
affairs. To settle, compromise or submit to arbitration all accounts, claims and disputes between the Principal and
any other party.
The Principal grants the Agent the following powers and authority:
5. Shares: To accept the transfer of any stocks, shares, funds, annuities and other securities, which are transferable
to the Principal, whether solely or jointly with any other party.
6. Investments: To invest any of the Principal’s money in any manner, rate of interest, and upon such securities
necessary. The Agent may change the investments and pending any such investment, deposit the money or any
part thereof with a bank, building society or other institution lawfully authorised to accept money on deposit.
7. Income: To receive dividends, interest and income arising from any stocks, shares or property that belongs to the
Principal, whether solely or jointly with any other party.
10. Third Parties: The Agent may agree to perform any of the above actions in conjunction with any other party that
has an interest therein.
9. Bank Accounts: To operate a banking account in the name, or in the joint names of the Principal and another
person, open and operate a new banking account (including an overdraft or credit facility), draw, sign, endorse, and
negotiate cheques, bills of exchange, dividends and interest and pledge security for the payment of an account.
8. Agreements & Suretyships: To give effect and perform in terms of all agreements entered into by the Principal.