NOTES ON REGISTRATION OF FOOD PREMISES
(These notes are provided for guidance only and should not be regarded as a complete
interpretation of the law)
1. Under Article 6(2) of EU Hygiene Regulation 852/2004 ALL food business operators must
register their food establishments with the relevant food authority. There is no charge for
registration and registration cannot be refused.
2. This form should be completed IN FULL by food business operators in respect of new
food business establishments and submitted to the relevant food authority 28 days before
commencing food operations. On the basis of the activities carried out, certain food
business establishments are required to be approved rather than registered. If you are
unsure whether any aspect of your food operations would require your establishment to
be approved, please contact the Environmental Health Team at the address on the front
of this form or telephone the following number: if you are a Dartford business please
call 01322 343434, if you are a Sevenoaks business please call 01732 227000.
3. Article 31(1)(b) of Regulation 882/2004 requires the food authority to maintain a list of
4. A Separate list of registered establishments will also be available for public inspection.
The list will only contain the following information:-
i) Name of the food business
ii) Address of the food business establishment
iii) Particulars and nature of the food business
5. Dartford Borough Council and Sevenoaks District Council are data controllers for the
purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like to know more about what
information we have about you or the way we use your information, please contact
Environmental Health as directed.
Environmental Health may disclose this data to any person or organisation for the
purposes for which it was collected; or where the Act allows disclosure; or where that
person or organisation has a legal power to require us to release the data.
6. After this form has been submitted, food business operators must notify any changes to
the activities stated above to the Environmental Health team and should do so within 28
days of the change(s) happening.
7. Failure to register, or failure to notify changes, or giving information that you know to be
false, is an offence.