Application for assessment of foreign qualifications
In some cases, the Agency asks an educ
ational institution for an expert opinion. In that case, the Agency may
sclose information about your education so that the educational institution can evaluate your qualifica-tions.
If you get an assessment, the Agency passes information about you and the assessment on to Statistics
Denmark, which uses the information for statistical purposes only.
The Agency processes the information in accordance with the Assessment of Foreign Qualifications Act
(Consolidated Act No. 579 of 1 June 2014) and the Executive Order on Assessment of Foreign Qualifications
(Order No. 602 of 25 June 2003).
You can contact the Agency's Data Protection Officer at email: email@example.com, tel.: 72 31 89 09, post: Ministry
of Higher Education and Science, P.O. Box 2135, 1015 Copenhagen K, "att. Data Protection Officer".
You are entitled to object to the processing of your personal information. Read more about your rights on the
Ministry of Higher Education and Science website: ufm.dk/en/Data.
Anonymised information about qualifications and assessments may be published as guidance on our website.
Filling in the application form
• Previous name: Fill in if your name has changed since the documents were issued.
• Danish civil registry no.: If you have no Danish civil regis
try number, please write your date of birth: day-
e.g. ”Main Street 12, 3rd floor”.
• Any other address information: If, for example, your name is not on the door/letter box, please write “C/o”
followed by the name that is.
• Telephone number (daytime): A phone number where we can reach you during office hours (9h–16h).
• E-mail address: Please write your e-mail address very carefully.
2. Purpose of the assessment
• Tick the main purpose for which you want to use the assessment. If it is ”Job”, please state the field of
work in which you are looking for employment or are already employed. If it is “Further education”, please
mention which type of education you want to enter, e.g. “bachelor's degree programme" or “vocational
education and training”. N.B.: The assessment does not include any conversion of grades/marks.
• Former assessment: Tick ”Yes” if you have received any written assessment or decision on recognition of
your qualification before, from the Agency or from other bodies in Denmark or abroad.
• Language of the assessment: You can ask for the assessment to be written in either Danish or English.
Normally, we will write the assessment in Danish in order to facilitate its use in the Danish labour market
or education system.
3. Primary and lower secondary education
• Education that you received from age 5 to 15, approximately. This information makes it easier for us to
assess your subsequent qualifications.
• Qualification: The name of the certificate in the original language using Latin letters (ABCD etc.). E.g.
"School Leaving Certificate".
• School: The name of the school (or last school), in the original language using Latin letters.
Instructions, page 4