Throughly answer, on behalf of the student, the three
questions listed below using the following criteria:
NOTE: Refer to the CTE Component Criteria and OCTE Scoring Rubric prior to
composing a response.
• Answers must be typed, 12-point font, double spaced, with one-inch margins
• No more than 6 pages maximum for all responses combined
• Answers must begin with the question number and question
• Answer each question in narrative form
1. What about the student makes him or her stand out as having outstanding
scholarship and excellence in Career and Technical Education? Include details
on academic rigor. Include ingenuity, creativity ,and problem-solving skills.
2. Were there challenges or hurdles this student has overcome while still
achieving high academic success and excellence in Career and Technical
3. Describe the student’s employability, leadership, and technical skills:
a) What Career and Technical Education Programs has the student
b) Has the student earned a medal or had a leadership position in a CTSO?
c) What community service, classroom, or other leadership activities has
the student participated in that relates to their career area of interest?
d) What work-based learning, job shadows, internship, or apprenticeship
experiences has the student had?
e) Has the student earned an industry-recognized credential?