Director of Neighbourhoods
PUBLIC PROTECTION SERVICE
Floor 3, Number One Riverside,
Smith Street, Rochdale, OL16 1XU
Tel: (01706) 924114
Fax: 0844 332 0324
Web site: www.rochdale.gov.uk
CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP PRIVATE HIRE
Privacy Notice (how we use your information);
Rochdale Borough Council, as the Licensing Authority, collects and records the personal data that
you provide in this form, along with any supporting documentation, in order to process your licence
application to regulate private hire and hackney carriage licensing activities within the Borough.
Appropriate measures are in place to protect your personal data. We may share your information with
other Council Services and organisations that can support our work. The Licensing Authority is also
required by law to share the data with Defra so that Defra can create a database to support the operation of
charging clean air zones by local authorities or other air quality plans The full Privacy Notice provides
information about your rights under current data protection legislation and details what will happen to
your personal data, can be found on the Council’s website at www.rochdale.gov.uk/privacy
NOTES FOR GUIDANCE
With effect from the 06.11.96 it is a requirement that a change of ownership form must be
completed prior to the sale of the vehicle and also as below:
• During the life of the licence
• On Renewal
• If the vehicle has been previously licensed with this authority and is within 3 MONTHS
• after the expiry of the licence
To make application
• An application form must be completed by the buyer prior to the sale of the vehicle.
• The seller must complete the relinquish of interest form which is then to be supplied by
the buyer alongside documents
• An application fee of £38.00 is payable.
Documents, including relinquish of interest form, must be produced to support your
application to evidence proof of purchase and is required by this Authority. These are as
1. The Log Book. Please DO NOT send your log book off to DVLA for change until you have
produced it to us. If the previous owner has not given you the Log Book please speak to staff
Once sent off and you have received your Log book back from the DVLA you must produce it
to us with your details displayed.
2. Receipt / Bill of Sale - A receipt from the previous owner/owners must be produced for
3. Insurance - Current valid insurance policy/cover note in the new owner’s name.
4. Road Tax. Proof of application must be provided in new owners name
Please note: Original documents MUST be produced at every application submitted.