Bring the following to the Licensing Service counter:-
• An application form – completed in full.
• A completed Statutory Declaration Form (sworn before a Solicitor or Commissioner for
Oaths). Alternatively this can be done with us for an additional fee.
• Photocard or Paper Licence (issued pre-1998) alongside DVLA information, printed
from the DVLA website
• The Licence fee of £110.00 (please note payment must be made by credit/debit card)
• Proof of National Insurance Number i.e. a National Insurance card/Payslip
• One colour passport size photograph of yourself which must be identical. The photo must
be full face without a hat or sunglasses, taken on a white, cream or pale background.
• Original EU/EEA* Passport- *If you do not hold a current EEA Passport, you will need to
provide evidence that you are entitled to remain in this country indefinitely and able to
• One recent utility bill stating your name and address (e.g. gas, electricity, bank statement,
credit card statement) no more than 3 months old. Mobile phone statements are NOT
Please note: Original documents MUST be produced at every application submitted.
• An appointment will be given to you for a Coaching Session.
• This coaching session is to give you guidance on the AK Test, Private/Hackney Conditions and
Byelaws and Customer Care
• Following the Coaching Session you will be asked to book in for an Area Knowledge Test
• Any cancellations for Coaching or Area Knowledge Tests will require 48 working hours’
notice, or will be charged at £43.00
• Any failed tests will also be subject to a £43.00 re-booking fee
• Submit a completed medical examination form.
You are responsible for paying the Medical Practitioners fee.
• If you need to be referred for any further assessment with regards to Group II Driving
Standards, an appointment will be made for you to attend our medical advisors,
Mediscreen, at a cost of £155 per appointment, if screening is necessary a further cost of
£58 is payable and any further cost which may be incurred as a result of contacting your
GP you will be responsible for. When your medical has been checked and found to be
satisfactory, please see stage 4.
• You will be required to complete a DBS form, obtainable from the licensing office, and
submit it alongside the relevant documents and the required fee.
• Once submitted, you will be required to use your DBS form reference number to sign up
to the Update Service – please see admin staff for further information on how to
• Your DBS certificate will be returned to you only, therefore you must produce this to the
Licensing Service immediately on receipt for processing.
• Evidence of signing up to the Update Service must be provided prior to the issue of your
licence and badge.