To enter an agreed notice use Form AN1. To enter a notice to
protect home rights use Form HR1.
If you need more room than is provided for in a panel, and your
software allows, you can expand any panel in the form. Alternatively
use continuation sheet CS and attach it to this form.
Land Registry is unable to give legal advice but our website provides guidance on Land Registry
applications. This includes public guides and practice guides (aimed
at conveyancers) that can also be obtained from any Land Registry
See if you are unsure
which Land Registry office to send this application to.
Conveyancer is a term used in this form. It is defined in rule 217A,
Land Registration Rules 2003 and includes persons authorised
under the Legal Services Act 2007 to provide reserved legal services
relating to land registration and includes solicitors and licensed
Record of fees paid
Particulars of under/over payments
Reference number
Fees debited £
Where there is more than one local
authority serving an area, enter the
one to which council tax or business
rates are normally paid.
Local authority serving the property:
Title number(s) of the property:
Insert address including postcode (if
any) or other description of the
property, for example ‘land adjoining 2
Acacia Avenue’.
Place 'X' in the appropriate box and
complete as necessary.
Give a brief description of the part
affected, for example ‘edged red on
the attached plan’.
Complete details of charge if
The interest to be protected by the unilateral notice affects
the whole of the registered estate
part of the registered estate as shown:
the registered charge dated in favour
See fees calculator at
Place 'X' in the appropriate box.
The fee will be charged to the account
specified in panel 7.
Application and fee
Fee paid (£)
Fee payment method
cheque made payable to 'Land Registry'
direct debit, under an agreement with Land Registry
The applicant’s statement in panel 11
or a conveyancer’s certificate in panel
12 is sufficient. Supporting documents
are not required but if you choose to
enclose them list them here. If this
application is accompanied by either
Form AP1 or FR1 please only
complete the corresponding panel on
Form AP1 or DL (if used). Original
documents are only required if your
application is a first registration, we
will return the originals if a certified
copy is supplied. If your application is
not a first registration then we only
need certified copies of deeds or
documents you send to us with Land
Registry application forms. Once we
have made a copy of the documents
you send to us, they will be destroyed,
this applies to both originals and
certified copies.
Documents lodged with this form:
Provide the full name(s) of the
person(s) applying for entry of the
notice. Where a conveyancer lodges
the application, this must be the
name(s) of the client(s), not the
Complete as appropriate where the
applicant is a company.
The applicant:
For UK incorporated companies/LLPs
Registered number of company or limited liability partnership
including any prefix:
For overseas companies
(a) Territory of incorporation:
(b) Registered number in the United Kingdom including any prefix:
If you are paying by direct debit, this
will be the account charged.
This is the address to which we will
normally send requisitions. However if
you insert an email address, we will
use this whenever possible. Where an
application is lodged by e-DRS all
documents and correspondence will
be dealt with electronically.
This application is sent to Land Registry by
Key number (if applicable):
Address or UK DX box number:
Email address:
Phone no:
Fax no:
Each applicant may give up to three
addresses for service, one of which
must be a postal address whether or
not in the UK (including the postcode,
if any). The others can be any
combination of a postal address, a UK
DX box number or an electronic
Address(es) for service of each applicant. The address(es) will be
entered in the register and used for correspondence and the
service of notice:
The applicant as beneficiary applies for the entry of a unilateral
notice against the title(s) referred to in panel 2
Complete this panel and either panel
11 or panel 12.
Place 'X' in the appropriate box and
complete as necessary. See Practice
Guide 19 if you are unsure which
option you need to select.
Entitlement to apply
The applicant has an interest in the property as set out in the
statement in panel 11 or the conveyancer's certificate in panel 12
The applicant has made the statement in panel 11
The certificate in panel 12 has been completed by a
conveyancer on behalf of the applicant
Set out the nature of the beneficiary's
Complete this panel if a conveyancer
is not lodging the application. If a
conveyancer is lodging the
application, the conveyancer may
either complete panel 12 and leave
this panel blank, or arrange for the
applicant to complete this panel.
See the warnings at the end of this
The applicant is interested in the property described in panel 3 as:
The interest described above is neither a public right nor a
customary right.
Signature of applicant:
Set out the nature of the beneficiary's
Only complete this panel if a
conveyancer is lodging the
See the warnings at the end of this
I certify that the applicant is interested in the property described in
panel 3 as:
I certify that the interest described above is neither a public right
nor a customary right.
Signature of conveyancer:
The conveyancer's full name is:
If a conveyancer is acting for the
applicant, that conveyancer must sign.
If no conveyancer is acting, the
applicant (and if more than one
person then each of them) must sign.
Signature of applicant
or their conveyancer:
If you dishonestly enter information or make a statement that you know is, or might be, untrue or misleading, and intend by doing
so to make a gain for yourself or another person, or to cause loss or the risk of loss to another person, you may commit the
offence of fraud under section 1 of the Fraud Act 2006, the maximum penalty for which is 10 years’ imprisonment or an unlimited
fine, or both.
Failure to complete this form with proper care may result in a loss of protection under the Land Registration Act 2002 if, as a
result, a mistake is made in the register.
Under section 66 of the Land Registration Act 2002 most documents (including this form) kept by the registrar relating to an
application to the registrar or referred to in the register are open to public inspection and copying. If you believe a document
contains prejudicial information, you may apply for that part of the document to be made exempt using Form EX1, under rule 136
of the Land Registration Rules 2003.
© Crown copyright (ref: LR/HO) 06/14