Change of the Company Federal ID# must be accompanied by;
1. Written request signed by the owner, president or managing partner to close the record that is currently approved/
2. Copy of certificate of dissolution or other legally binding documentation that shows that the company is no longer
3. Provide IRS form assigning FEIN number to the designated business. If a sole proprietor, proof that this is the
applicant's social security number.
4. Submission of a new application meeting all the requirements and fee.
Change in Owners or Ownership Breakdown (Percentages of ownership) must be accompanies by;
1. Written request signed by the new/revised owner(s).
2. Agreement/contract of sale transferring ownership (proof of payment, cancelled check)
3. Resume for the new owner (s)
4. When applicable proof of ethnicity (MBE) or gender (WBE)
5. If new owner is not MBE or WBE, a new application will need to be submitted.
Change in Category
Changes in category are authorized only when upon review by an auditor, she/he confirms that the original designation was
incorrect when initially approved OR that upon receipt of documentation that accompanies the annual verification form,
there is proof of a significant change that requires change in category. In both cases, the owner, president or managing
partner must provide copies of page 1 of the business tax returns for the last 3 years.
NOTE: The Division of Revenue reserves the right to request additional documentation from your business and to
contact you to schedule a site visit to confirm validity of change(s) requested.
17. Where do I get information on new bids from State agencies, universities and authorities?
a. The Division offers a centralized database that post all statewide bids which you can access anytime by keyword, agency
or commodity code. Go to http://www.nj.gov/njbusiness/contracting Refer to the right hand side banner Online Services,
Click on Statewide Bid Opportunities.
For guidance on how to navigate and maximize the potential of the State's procurement process, small businesses are
encouraged to contact the New jersey Small Business Development Center at www.njsbdc.com
18. Can I get automatic notification of new bid opportunities?
a. You can sign up to get customized email notifications for opportunities within the goods, service, or construction field you
identify as being of interest. The identification of goods, services or construction field will be based on the National Institute
of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. NIGP code, which you must provide. Go to
For those of you familiar with the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) and need to find an equivalent NiGP
code you can do so by searching for similar wording or description. Treasury has an NIGP lookup tool located at:
19. Where can I find the commodity and construction codes?
a. Commodity and construction codes consist of expense account codes that provide information and/or descriptions of nature of
the purchases (goods,services, construction field) made by state agencies. Constitutes a system of identifying a commodity by
an assigned number. Go to: http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/purchase/commcode.shtml
20. What happens if I lose my registration/certificate?
a. You may ask for a replacement by sending your request to us on your company letterhead. You may send your request to us by
mail or fax (609-984-6679).
21. Do you give out grants?
a. While the Division does not give grants, you may explore other funding sources by calling the Economic Development
Authority Customer Care line at 609 777-4898 or your local Small Business Development Center www.njsbdc.com