Temporary Food Service Guidelines
The following rules must be followed during temporary events to ensure proper food handling in an effort to protect
the public’s health.
1) TCS (Time/temperature control for safety) foods (hot dogs, hamburgers, chili, mashed potatoes, potato salads,
cooked greens, eggs, cut melons, cut tomatoes, etc.) must be kept either cold below 41
F or hot held above 135
2) If any TCS foods are being conveyed to the public, a metal stem thermometer reading from 0
F to 220
F must be
provided onsite in order to frequently check the temperatures.
3) Soap, paper towels and a make shift gravity flow temporary hand wash station must be provided on site. Bare
hand contact with ready to eat foods is not allowed.
4) Aprons and hair restraints (hair nets, caps or head coverings) for everyone handling food.
5) A supply of extra utensils must be provided (new set every four hours) or set up a temporary 3-part utensil washing
system as follows: one container holding soapy water, followed by one holding rinse water and the last one holding
water and sanitizer at proper concentration (Chlorine/bleach: 50-100ppm; Quaternary ammonia: 200ppm)
6) Provide the necessary sanitizer test strips to check the above concentrations.
7) Keep all foods at least six (6) inches off the floor.
8) Provide trash cans with a lid and a liner.
9) Someone on site must have a state approved food handler license or the permit will not be issued.