SECU Bridge to Career Scholarship Application
To be considered for this scholarship program, a student must:
• Be a US citizen, North Carolina resident and present a valid Social Security card and a current NC Driver’s
License or Identification Card.
• Be in one of the following target groups:
o Unemployment insurance claimants
o Unemployed and underemployed adults (Note: Underemployed will be defined as individuals earning
200% below the federal poverty level listed on page three of this application. Preference will be given to
students with limited or no access to financial aid from other programs.)
o Military veterans
o Members of the NC National Guard.
• Documentation of proof of the above will be required (2018 tax return, DD214, current paystub, unemployment
Students must be enrolled in one of two Continuing Education pathways: Health Care or Bio Pharma.
Classes that qualify under these pathways include, Nurse Aide I, Phlebotomy, Bio Works and Advanced Bio
• Not be a Director, employee, or immediate family member of an employee of the State Employees’ Credit Union
or SECU Foundation.
• If chosen as a finalist, applicant will be contacted for an interview.
• If chosen as a recipient, scholarship recipients must consent to the release of their names and images for
publications written/distributed by the System Office, the local Community College, and/or the State Employees’
Credit Union and its Foundation.
Return applications to your program director:
Biopharma: Leslie Isenhour - (919) 209-2593
Healthcare: Connie Grady - (919) 464-2355
Applications are due no later than 12:00 noon
Friday, October 11, 2019