Permit: Vegetation Clearing (2/15) Page 1 of 1 December 2015
CITY OF CHICO
VEGETATION CUTTING PERMIT
Public Works Department – Parks Division
411 Main Street, Chico, CA 95928
(530) 896-7800 | email@example.com
Nearest Cross Street
Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN)
Name of City of Chico Property
Description of Work
OWNER/APPLICANT INFORMATION Owner ☐ Agent ☐
Address (Same as above ☐)
Conditions of Permit
1. This permit allows the cutting of grasses and weeds on City of Chico property for fire safety purposes only. Activity is restricted
to top of bank unless otherwise approved. Only hand held tools or walk behind equipment (weedeaters, mowers) can be used.
2. Permit holder will not dig or excavate within the greenway.
3. This permit only allows cutting of vegetation on property owned by the City of Chico.
4. Cutting is only allowed up to thirty (30) feet from the property line or to the top of bank, whichever is the shortest distance from
the property line.
5. No work shall occur during extreme heat or low humidity or Red Flag Days.
6. Permit holder shall not plant or cause to be planted any vegetation on publically owned land. In addition, the City prohibits the
use of fertilizers, pesticides and other chemicals.
7. Permit holder shall provide a copy of homeowner’s insurance policy with liability limits of at least $300,000, in lieu of the
comprehensive liability insurance required by the Chico Municipal Code Section 14.08.120, subject to approval by the Risk
8. All work shall be done on or before June 1 or as otherwise determined by the Fire Marshal to avoid fire danger.
9. Permit holder agrees to the following: I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive, discharge and
release any and all claims against the City of Chico, its officers, agents and employees for damages or death, personal injury
or property damage which I may have, or which may hereafter accrue to me, arising out of or connected in any way as a result
of receiving this permit.
10. This permit expires 60 calendar days from the date of approval or June 1, which ever comes first.
11. Permit is subject to additional conditions.
I agree to abide to the above mentioned conditions of this permit.
Date ________ Copy of Insurance Attached- Yes ☐ No ☐
Permit Holder Signature
For Official Use Only
Approved ☐ Date Expires: _______ ☐ See Attached Comments
Denied ☐ Comment: ______________________________________________________________________________
________________________________ Date _______
Park and Natural Resources Manager
cc: Fire Chief Police Chief Rangers
click to sign
click to edit