Land Disturbance Permit Process
1. Completed Land Disturbance Permit Application
2. Completed LDP Route Sheet
3. Pre-Application Information Form (signed by staff)
4. Completed Tree Removal Application, if applicable
5. Completed Retaining Wall Application, if applicable
6. ROW Encroachment Form, if applicable
7. Redevelopment Assessment Form
8. One (1) digital copy of survey, site plan, and civil drawings (files not to exceed 25 MB)
a. Utility location plan for gas and electric (townhomes)
9. Hydrology report, if applicable
10. Erosion, Sedimentation & Pollution Control (ESPC) Plan Checklist
11. LEED or Green Globes Checklist and Project Registration
12. Federal Aviation Administration FAA Form 7460-1 and any and all responses received from FAA (projects
in the Runway Protection Zone Overlay District).
13. Plan Review Fees paid.
14. NPDES fees paid ($80/ disturbed acre) (all sites >1 acre)
a. $40/acre to Chamblee.
b. $40/acre to EPD (submit receipt).
15. Erosion Control Bond ($3,000 per acre or fraction thereof).
1. Planning & Zoning – email@example.com
2. Engineering – firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Arborist– email@example.com
4. Public Works – firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Public Works ROW Encroachment– email@example.com
6. DeKalb Fire – firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Each submittal review takes up to 10 business days.
8. Comments are sent to applicant by Planning Coordinator on the Code Compliance
Letter. Fire Marshal comments will be included in the Code Compliance Letter.
9. Each City resubmittal requires that the applicant submit one digital PDF.
External Plan Review
1. Applicant routes plans to external agencies using LDP Route Sheet;
2. Based on scope of project, applicant should take the following number
of plans to the following agencies:
a. DeKalb Fire/Water & Sewer – two (2) sets (all plans). Sewer
Capacity Letter or Sewer Action plan required.
b. DeKalb County GIS – electronic copy (most plans).
c. GDOT District 7 – electronic copy (all sites affecting
access/ROW along State roads) – Buford Highway and
d. DeKalb County Board of Health – one set (swimming pools)
3. All other external reviews run concurrently with internal reviews.
4. Permits are not issued until approvals are received by all the required
agencies. Applicant is responsible for ensuring all approvals are
submitted electronically to the Development Department.
Just ask. Contact Gabrielle,
our Planning Coordinator, at
1. Submit one final PDF version for digital
signatures, if required. Plans will be signed
electronically and returned to the applicant
2. Print a full set of stamped plans to remain
on-site during construction.
3. Applicant will set-up Pre-Construction
meeting on-site with Land Development
Inspector and/or CBO.
4. Permit card will be issued at the Pre-
5. No work until initial site inspection
conducted by the Erosion Control Inspector.
Email for inspections at
, or call
the inspection hotline at 404-450-
0012, or go online to City of
Chamblee’s Contractor Portal
Inspection requests submitted by 4
p.m. will be scheduled for the next
For Fire Inspections call
404-371-9256. For immediate
assistance contact 404-371-2470.
Fire Inspections requests submitted
by 3 p.m. will be scheduled for the
1. Once a final inspection has been conducted, a letter w
following project closeout documents will be sent to the applicant
(Refer to the Project Closeout Packet):
a. In addition to inspections required by the City of
the following agencies must provide a final
inspection based on use type:
i. DeKalb Fire/Water & Sewer (all projects).
ii. County/State DOT (work within County/State
iii. Federal Aviation Administration (in Runway
Protection Zone Overlay District).
b. Performance Bond (incomplete roads, sidewalks,
c. Maintenance Bond (roads, sidewalks, landscape)—60%
d. Stormwater Maintenance Agreement executed and
recorded (detention ponds).
i. Maintenance Bond (detention ponds)--
$5.00/cubic foot of storage.
e. Stormwater As-builts, in .pdf file format, reviewed and
approved by City Engineer (detention ponds) - 10
business day review process.
f. Stormwater As-builts, in .dwg file format, for our MS4
inventory (detention ponds).
g. Confirmation of recorded easements and other
2. Once all required project closeout documents are submitted and
verified, the LDP will be closed-out.
also require a
Meeting required for all DCI,
Rezoning, and Variance
cations and may be
required for LDP applications
at the discretion of Staff prior
to accepting the application.
also require a
Permit Review Process.